Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion
Options

DR260 vs XTi DSP; differences please...

wvuviv30wvuviv30 Posts: 9
I would like to know how much different the Driverack 260 processing is to the XTi DSP.

How different are the \"transfer functions\"?

If I plug in DR260 settings into the XTi's will the \"traces\" be the same?

Comments

• Options
    MikeyMikey Posts: 82
    I've used both and can make either do what I want it to do. If you want to take a look at it this way, you can use the XTi for your system stuff and the Driverack for the house/show stuff. The problem with the XTi was when it came to backline and virtual backline delays, it was too difficult to get inside and do what I needed. Hence, on my old system, I put a 260 at top and 6 XTi 4000s below them. Also, the DR260 will give you more control over the limiters unless they have drastically changed the firmware recently. And if you need to do house EQ, forget about it with the XTi.

The traces will NOT be the same for the same settings. The algorithms dbx uses are different than what Crown uses. This issue was actually the cause of the delay in getting out the Smaart interface for the DR260.

Again, I could make either one sound good. If you aren't pushing your system to the limits (not recommended) you should be fine with either way if you can handle the interface issues.

Mikey
  • Options
    wvuviv30wvuviv30 Posts: 9
    Mikey, thanks for the response... I don't own a DR260, I own 3 XTi's.

I have found the speaker processor settings for the DR260, but none for the XTi's (non Harman speakers).

Since I don't have DR260 or SMARRT skills, I am wondering IF the DR260 settings inputted into the XTI's will give the the correct results; correct traces, phases and other information.
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    The traces will NOT be the same for the same settings. The algorithms dbx uses are different than what Crown uses. This issue was actually the cause of the delay in getting out the Smaart interface for the DR260.

That means NO it won't be the same... I did however use the DR260 auto EQ data and used it as a starting point for the Xti amps processors...for what its worth... and got excellent results.
    G
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915

That means NO it won't be the same... I did however use the DR260 auto EQ data and used it as a starting point for the Xti amps processors...for what its worth... and got excellent results.
    G