Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion
Options

DR260 Setup

If I daisy chain my Crown MA 3600s with JBL SRX 725s, do I need to reset my limiter? Or should I run my other amp from a separate output of my drive rack 260?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    When Daisy -chaining what happens to one... passes strait through that amp and on to the next...
    :wink:
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Unless, of course, you want, or need, to set up \"zones\" with volume control at the 260. But that is not a limiter thing.

DRA
  • Options
    Gadget wrote:
    When Daisy -chaining what happens to one... passes strait through that amp and on to the next...
    :wink:
    Does this mean that resetting the limiter is not required? I am not the smartest cookie on the block LOL.
  • Options
    If you connect amp A to speakers 1 & 2 and amp B to speaker 3 & 4 and amp C to Speakers 5 & 6, and ALL amps and ALL speakers are rated the same (or really close), then from the DR260 to amp A, patched to B, then patched to C..... Yes, one limiter setting is all you need from the one output ( 2, if stereo).

Assuming that you do ballroom dancing gigs (per your alias), you might consider contacting Mike Pyle at Pyle Audio. He does a lot of ballroom set-ups, where he sets speakers all along the perimeter of the dance floor. He is pretty active on PSW. You might consider PM-ing him and see if he has any tips for you.

DRA
  • Options
    Dra wrote:
    If you connect amp A to speakers 1 & 2 and amp B to speaker 3 & 4 and amp C to Speakers 5 & 6, and ALL amps and ALL speakers are rated the same (or really close), then from the DR260 to amp A, patched to B, then patched to C..... Yes, one limiter setting is all you need from the one output ( 2, if stereo).

Assuming that you do ballroom dancing gigs (per your alias), you might consider contacting Mike Pyle at Pyle Audio. He does a lot of ballroom set-ups, where he sets speakers all along the perimeter of the dance floor. He is pretty active on PSW. You might consider PM-ing him and see if he has any tips for you.

DRA
    Thanks DRA, you have been a tremendous help. Do you know if there are any work shops available on the DR 260?

I may pick Mikes brain on some music too.
  • Options
    MikeyMikey Posts: 82
    Back in the \"golden era\" of this forum, I tried to work with dbx to sponsor me in doing a system tuning workshop for the DR260. If there is enough interest, I would still be willing to do one. It would likely be in Nashville, TN at Soundcheck. We'd have to work through the details, and there would have to be about 20 to 25 folks who would come to make it worthwhile. A little time with Smaart, a little time with clickers/poppers/RTAs and other old school stuff and a little time playing with the 260? Who knows?

Mikey
  • Options
    DennisDennis Posts: 801
    Mikey

What derailed your original attempt at a DR260 workshop?

Dennis
  • Options
    Maybe they would do a lesser sponsership of a \"webinar\"? Or Youtube it? Not nearly as good as live, but way better than nothing. Whole different set of production parameter though.

DRA
  • Options
    A long time ago in a virtual world very much like this one, things were simpler. Life was supported by commoners like Gadget and Mikey. And, in fact, life existed almost solely because of the commoners. Things were good, but could have been much better. The commoners had many ideas.

Problems arose when Mikey realized the marketing errors by the people who created the virtual world. And, like Mikey does, tried to fix the errors. Getting a few resources from the legal department and marketing department of the virtual world creators, was the first step. You know, just general permission to post things from other virtual worlds owned by the same folks who brought you this one. Anyway, after many months of work, there was a pretty good list of things that needed to be done by the virtual world owners. Nothing got done. Not a single thing. Mikey got a little upset one day and bad things were said by the virtual world people and then removed from the virtual world because it would have gotten somebody....let's say...discharged. I still have copies of that exchange. Mikey's no ijut.

So, Mikey, feeling a little dis'd by the virtual world people, left the virtual world and chose to exist in the real world again.

One doesn't have to look much further than the format of this forum to see the brilliance of the marketing people from the virtual world. It could have been much more useful and less cumbersome if they would have listened to Gadget and Mikey. But they didn't.

What would have made a world of difference in the sale of the DR products would have been to have someone like me doing Saturday seminars at Guitar Centers across the country. You know, actually teach folks how to deal with all the power they now posses. While that was being discussed at that time, we couldn't seem to get through the simple things, so the seminar idea didn't get very far.

While I do a lot of training, primarily in churches, I don't get much chance to do seminars for system setup and tuning. So, when I go through a system, I try to invite people who have an interest and let them look over my shoulder and ask questions. Sometimes, I don't have answers. That's what makes life interesting for me. Always something to learn.

Anyway, it would be fun to get a group together and do things up proper and all. It would have been nice to do it before summer, but that's looking pretty unlikely. Now if 15 or 20 people would email me and tell me they're interested....who knows what could happen.

Ciao for now,
    Mikey
  • Options
    Nashville is only 400 miles. If you could gather 15 to 25 people, how much would it cost for each one? Or a webinar?
  • Options
    Good question. Let me check on rooms and get back to you next week. I think I can even find a local sponsor to help offset some of the cost.

Let's move this to the general discussion area and see if we can make this happen.

Mikey