Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard
Options

Xover points for CW115v

smurraysmurray Posts: 25
edited May 2009 in PA Configuration Wizard
I'm trying to tweak the xover settings of my DRPA. Our current mains are a pair of Bose 802 Series II (yes I know they suck, and yes we'll be replacing them soon), and the subs are a pair of Yamaha CW115v. The wizard set the high-pass of the subs at 33.5Hz, which seems kinda low to me. I think the subs are only supposed to go down to 35Hz, and according to the \"read me first\" guide the suggested settings are either 45Hz or 50Hz. The subs were listed in the wizard, so I assume they had a reason for setting the high-pass at 33.5, but I'd like to know whether the general consensus is still to raise it to 45 or 50Hz.

On the flip side, it set the low-pass for the subs and high-pass for the mains at 90Hz. Once again, this is a little lower than the \"read me first\" recommends. Do you think I should raise it up to around 120Hz or so?

In case it helps, the system is used in a portable church that meets at a junior high cafeteria. The room is about 50-60 feet deep and about 75-100 feet wide. Ceilings are about 10-15 feet high. It's main use is for contemporary worship, consisting of 1-3 vocalists, 1-2 acoustic guitars, 1 electric guitar, 1 bass guitar, 1 djembe, 1 keyboard. Not necessarily all at the same time, but some combination of those instruments.

Thanks in advance for the help. I know I've been posting a lot of questions recently, but you guys really have been an amazing amount of help, and I'm learning so much in the process.

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Ya I'd go to at last 40 HZ BW18 and reset the LPF/HPF to 100-120 hz... probably the latter...The Wizard isn't all seeing for sure, and experience is hard to beat...
    G
  • Options
    smurraysmurray Posts: 25
    Thanks, I appreciate the help. Th DRPA wouldn't let me set the xover at 120, it was either 118 or 125. I went with 118 since it was closer to 120.
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Don't feel bad. If you put 100hz in the 260 it set it to 99.2hz(99.2 :shock: , .2 ? :roll: )

Come on!

DRA
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Come on!
    Where we going?
    314.gif