Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General Configuration Wizard

Clueless..DBX223...What goes where?

DragonTowerDragonTower Posts: 8
edited May 2009 in Configuration Wizard
Ok, I know very little to almost nothing about how to set this stuff up. Right now I have everything set up so that it comes str8 out of the mixer directly to the amps and then to the speakers. Need to know how to set up with DBX 223, here are the details:

Behringer Eurorack UB1204FX-Pro Mixer
Pioneer PD-103 CD Player
Crest CPX 1500 Amp
Audio Centron RMA-1000 Amp
DBX 223

Two Audio Centron AC-H15P Speakers (Full Range)
Two custom cabinet 18\" Carvins (Subs)

CD Player feeds L/R into Mixer Stereo Aux Returns
Mixer Main Outs feed L/R XLR into Audio Centron RMA-1000
Mixer Control Room Outs L/R 1/4\" feed into CPX 1500 bare wired
Audio Centron Amp feeds 15\" full range
CPX 1500 Amp feeds 18\" subs

I also connect a laptop to the Mixer L/R Tape Inputs and push in Tape to Main on Mixer.

Everything was set up once before by someone else using an equalizer but it was all in a bulky, falling apart case and we wanted to start upgrading equipment. I picked out the CPX 1500 and the DBX 223 but that's only because of the \"Total Sound Package\" deal from idjnow.com.

Any advice, help or just plain laughing would be great because then I would at least know yay or nay.

Comments

• DennisDennis Posts: 801
    The immediate answer is:
    Mixer main L/R outs to DBX223 input 1 and input 2
    DBX223 high output 1 and high output 2 to RMA 1000 input L/R
    Audio Centron RMA 1000 powers two AC H15P L/R
    DBX223 low output 1 and low output 2 to CPX 1500 input L/R
    Crest CPX 1500 powers two Carvin subs L/R

You now will have a completely stereo system. There are other ways to wire the system and the gang here will jump in and share several options but this will get you up and running.

The correct answer to your question is, trade the 223 in on a DriverackPA.

Dennis
  • Trading the 223 in is not an option, we just got it. But will keep that in mind for future growth.

Thanks for the reply! I'm so glad that there are such helpful people. My next option was to take the set up to the local music store and feel like a fool paying someone to do it for me.

So glad I found this forum!

Thanks again!
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    http://www.dbxpro.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1712

Here is a bit more detailed description of the 223 223xl
    G
  • I just finished hooking everything up and it's great! Thanks for all the info and help! Very much so! Now I can brag to all my friends that I got it figured out... Of course with the help of DBX forums!
    Actually this is the DRIVERACK forum... we answer any and all questions...even \"Dear Gadget\" :lol: type questions...we try to solve the worlds problems 1 question at a time...

Gadget... chief helperatorizer :wink:
  • If you want to get technical, one could say that this is the dbx User's Group Forum, General Category, Configuration Wizard Topic.

Being as clueless as I am, one could say that by looking at Configuration Wizard, as I did, any configuration one could dream up would be solved by some genius, wizard or guru of sorts. As it was for me.

Again... Thanks for the info, the help and the forum regardless of it's label!
    I guess I should check on the darn DBX main website more often... those little buggers didn't tell me they had moved the Forum from the Driverack products page to the opening screen...Hmm I guess they found out we answer all questions regardless... :?
    It really WAS...JUST the Driverack forum @ the DRUG group...
    go figure...
    G
  • No probs, no probs. The internet is easy to change. Heck, they could even shut down without notice.
    It's the economy. DBX had to consolidate forums so they could let some of the other volunteers go.

Dennis
  • If they were volunteers, why would the economy have any effect on them? You don't have to pay for free help. Or do you?

No good deed goes unpunished I guess.
    That's an egg son... :) get the yolk... :lol:
    Sorry DragonTower...my humor is a wee tad dry.

Dennis
  • LOL

See, that just proves how clueless I am!