Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion
Options

I want to Demo/Rent a pair of SRX728s

wvuviv30wvuviv30 Posts: 9
Not sure where to post this…

I would like to Demo or Rent a pair of SRX728 subs for a weekend with Live Music (4 piece Rock band). I am still in my quest for UCS1 replacements.

Since your wondering; Amp Wise: I am going to use a stereo XTi6000 on these. Yes, I do have 2 XTi4000 and access to a 3rd XTi4000 if I \"need\" the extra power.

The weekend I am looking to do this is May 22nd and May 23rd.

I don't mind coming to pick them up from you the Friday morning and dropping them off mid day on Sunday. I am located in Southern MD, I don't mind driving an hour or so to pick up a pair to try out.

I am trying to find a source, if you know of any lead email me at mattviv (AT) meerkatsound (DOT) com

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Have you tried PSW?

I have toyed with getting UCS1's. What is your experience (since your trying to sell them)?

DRA
  • Options
    Dra... yes there is a post on PSW.

As for the UCS1 they are good subs... but there are limitations with the subs. 6 UCS1 can cover about 650-1000 person venue.

The reaons I am moving away from the UCS1 is that it takes 2 UCS1s to keep up with a QRx212 per side. Since I am building a decent size rig (>1200) I am looking for a 1 to 1 set-up.
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    What interests me is why you would want go from a horn loaded sub to a POWER HUNGRY front loaded one that would raise the HPF and increase the distortion considerably...Were not talking apples and apples here...

My question is have you heard of the LABsubs? they are AMAZING...and they will blow those JBL pieces of crap off the planet! Yes you will have to build them... or contract someone to do so... but 6 of these babies will do INSANE things...and get you in the TRUE 30 hz and below area...

BTW...I think the Q 218 Peavey subs are every bit as good as the JBL's and 1/2 the price...

Just my nickle...worth...

Gadget
  • Options
    Gadget, Peavey doesn't use a red placard. They'll never do. Although, the Peavey's claim to be +8db louder.

DRA
  • Options
    Oh ya... the gear snob thing... :roll: Well...I actually WAS trying to indicate there IS a big difference in sound from a front loaded sub to a Horn load... efficiency as well...

:?:
  • Options
    Hey Gadget, I am wanting to Demo/Rent a pair... you know try before you buy type thing.

I am at the limits of the UCS1, looking at the SRX728, QRX218 and TH115 subs as replacement.

As for cost wise; SRX728, QRX218 & TH115 (used) are all within $200 of each other.

Yes I have heard and worked with Labs. They are monstrous! I don't have the room to house those subs, nor the venues.
  • Options
    Have you considered Growlers or LS1208's?

DRA
  • Options
    My money's on the Danley's...But wish you could have heard 6 LABS outdoors... with a single rack space Digam amp weighing a mere 17 LBs that CRUSHED an 8 dual 18 JBL SR4719 powered by a crown MAC 5000 per pair...it was AWESOME!
    G
  • Options
    Dr. JDr. J Posts: 209
    G -- How would the Fanes hold up in this situation? Mine are still on hold since I had to make a move on a new mixer last week.
  • Options
    Excellant...actually, there wouldn't be any noticeable difference, now if you were to go by jbl's specs...I'm certain they CRUSH :roll: the poor hapless Fane boxes... I suspect that @ peak output the JBL's might have the edge in total SPL but as I said I don't think weekend warriors are going to notice the difference... especially when you compare3 bottom lines...
    Fane DIY ~ $600 /pair
    JBL 728 $1400 each

G
  • Options
    Dr. JDr. J Posts: 209
    JBL's Specs sure don't line up with their performance do they????? Can't wait to get my Fanes done so I can go smoke some SRX728's at a local club here that everyone raves about. That \"everyone\" statement is everyone that isn't a musician. :D:wink: