Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion
Options

Losing User presets on a 260

jwlussowjwlussow Posts: 6
Does the 260 have a CMOS battery? I lost all of my user presets. The 260 has been sitting idle since September but I cranked it up over the weekend to get it ready for this year and all user presets are gone.

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Your the 2nd person this week, complaining of losing presets, but he only lost some of his.

Gadget, do you know if the memory is volatile or not?

DRA
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    No I believe it's non-volatile flash memory...there is no battery in the 260 or PX/DRPA...What software version are they running? All 260 users should have all presets backed up on their computers...I have a shout out to Mike...@ tech support...

Gadget
  • Options
    An older version of the 260 software (ver 1.00) had a checksum error flaw that would wipe out the presets...but if your on any version other than that you should be good.. it would say \"Checksum error\" however...they wouldn't JUST disappear...
    G
  • Options
    Has anybody experienced any glitches in the display, or odd behavior before/when the problems occur? We have not experienced this, and we need some more info...
    Gadget
  • Options
    mikejoeydbxmikejoeydbx Posts: 134
    Gadget is absolutely correct.

An IC, not a lithium battery, is used for retaining the preset information in that model. However, this IC should retain this information for many years without any issues.

If using firmware version 1.02 or higher you shouldn't have the checksum issue. If you do not receive the checksum error on the display, but do lose your programs, it may possibly be an issue with the display. Usually you will notice intermittent glitches with the display if this is the case. I would recommend having this device looked at by an authorized dbx service center or here at the main factory.

As Gadget said, it is a very good idea to backup your programs using DriveWare if possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience jwlussow.