Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack PX
Options

mains and monitors

dfolsondfolson Posts: 5
edited June 2009 in DriveRack PX
If I have main speakers and stage monitors, do I need 2 px units to prevent feedback? For live sound reinforcement, I can run mono and have 1 channel be main and the other for my monitors right???

David

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Don't have my PX here right now but you would need to be able to do DUAL MONO...and I can't remember off hand if thats possible with the PX...
    Gadget
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Do you already have a PX? If not consider a 260. It definately can.

DRA
  • Options
    I just got the PX. I am usually just doing DJ sound, but have a few projects on the horizon where the gig will be live sound reinforcement - choir with several mics, guitar, keyboard, perc. I know I will need a stage monitor and was thinking through the setup and thought it migt be possible to end up with feedback on the stage monitors as the PX just drives the main out going to the speakers (Mackie 1530) I don't have SM yet and was going to pick uup a pair of mackie SRM350s...

David
    Minnetonka, MN
  • Options
    Well try and set up a dual mono setup...
    G
    Northern MN
  • Options
    Are the sub outs on the PX full range signals??
  • Options
    They can be...all the outputs have the ability to have a band pass filter and/or a xover just like the DRPA and 260...so all or part of the spectrum can be run through any output... have you attempted to set up a DUAL MONO setup?
  • Options
    Not yet... My mains (Mackie 1530s) are out on loan for a gig this saturday and I don't own a stage monitor yet. I am contemplating a Mackie SRM350.