Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General Configuration Wizard

2 Insert EQs W/ 5 out Distribution and Sub

AudioManAudioMan Posts: 4
edited June 2009 in Configuration Wizard
I have come across the DBX 480 Driveracks many times over the years and have always wanted to use it like my regular setup for Industrials and conventions on most other DSP gear.

I wish there was a way to have input 1 go to outputs 1 through 5 for mains distribution, input 2 to output 6 for Sub, and input 3 and 4 for inserts to outputs 7 and 8.

I have worked thousands of shows and this is a very popular way to setup a DSP. The Driverack has the processing power for this configuration but it is frustrating to deal with a system that is limited by the preset configurations in the Driverack family of DSPs.

Any input from other forum members?

Comments

• GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    I guess I'm confused.... the 4800 will do that. Are you saying you want DBX to include this as a preset so you don't have to configure it yourself? I mean you could carry any personal setups on your laptop or memory stick and upload those settings into any 4800 you encounter...
    Gadget
  • AudioManAudioMan Posts: 4
    Gadget,

Sorry. I'm talking about the 480. It seems to be one of the more popular Drive Racks in several system inventories.

I guess I should have been more specific.
  • DennisDennis Posts: 801
    AudioMan...from your post, I am under the impression you are familiar with the preset configurations but not the manual config function (I assume there is a config button on a 480).

Dennis
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    I can't get more than 4 outputs tied to a single input. Odd.

DRA
  • AudioManAudioMan Posts: 4
    Dennis wrote:
    AudioMan...from your post, I am under the impression you are familiar with the preset configurations but not the manual config function (I assume there is a config button on a 480).

Dennis

I guess that is what I am looking for. Can I manually configure the 480 to send 1 input to 4 or 5 outputs, 2 input to 1 output and 3 and 4 input to use as inserts? How?

http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/f/2/0/
    there are a lot more folks there... and they are the big boys that do the big shows...
    I have a call into my contacts at DBX... I personally do not have a 480 to play with... (discontinued platform)
    Gadget
    Hey Audioman.. I have an answer for you ... in the form of a .dwp file. Get me your email... if you want put it into my PM and no one else will see it...IF you want it that is...

G
    I spent about a half hour with Driveware and could not get one input to feed 5 outputs. How did you do it, Gadget?

Dennis
    I did not.. there is a limitation in the DSP but if you'd like I'll send you what I have...
    Yes please.

Dennis
    I was going to send it already... BUT I can't find your email address in the 10,000 or so I have :oops: :oops: :oops: Sorry...PM me...
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Pretty smart Gadget. I did not realize that you could change the input assignments.
    Only problem... he only has 2 inputs left but wanted 3.

DRA
    As I indicated to Dennis it isn't my work.. the guys at DBX (sent by Jason Mondragon) sent it to me after I sent in the request.. I do not, and have not.. a 480 to play with...

G