Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard

The Basics

jjjacksonjjjjjjacksonjjj Posts: 2
edited June 2009 in PA Configuration Wizard
Hi everyone,

We have just bought a DRPA hoping that it would be a simple solution (or improvement) to our existing setup. I have read a lot of great information on here, but I'll be honest I didn' t expect to have to do this amount of research and hard work :shock: .

I appreciate that most of you on this forum are probably sound engineers etc. but I am not and don't really want to end up getting a divorce reseaching this DRPA!

So...., I would appreciate some basic pointers on how to use this thing very simply, and hopefully I can pick more bit up over time. Our system is:-

Tops: Peavey Hysis2 4 Ohm 500W
Subs: Peavey Hysis2? 4 Ohm (They are from the same range as the tops)
Amps: 2No. Alto MAC 2.4 750W into 4Ohms
Desk: Mackie CFX16 MkII

We want to connect the system 2x4.

I have had a go setting it up selecting custom for the speakers and amps but can't find any info on where to input the spec of each of the components. Is this possible - if not how does the DRPA know the limits of the speakers and amps?

I know the auto eq is not that popular, but it has go to be better that not using it if you are clueless like us? We did try it, but when we turned it up to the range it stated in the manual I think we structurally damaged the building :lol: . Does this have to be so loud, or take so long?

How many AFS filters should be used on a basic setup - all of them?

Thanks

James

Comments