Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack PX
Options

didnt exactly understand the sub tuning

micho269micho269 Posts: 30
edited June 2009 in DriveRack PX
Gadget i really thank u for the answers, Its true i always have a problem at the 100Hz frequency which makes the kick drum and bass guitar difficult to adjust and get the true sound. Sorry what exactly i need just need to do on the driveRack Px concerning the woofers only step by step
and also what is meant by phase to zero , I think you are the guy that is getting me out of my problem and again i am sorry

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    No need to be sorry I/we enjoy helping...

I wanted to make sure we were on the same page first here but I think you need set a PEQ up @ as close to 100hz as you can.. this will be a Bell curve and some experimentation would be prudent...I'd start with about a 'Q' of 4 and a cut of 6-8db...you will probably have to cut deeper, and go more toward a Q of 2... this will lower the overall output of the subs but you can make it up with the sub gain control and OR the xover gain control for the sub...this will bring the lower frequencies up and the peak down...Now, these are starting points, and you can expect to have to experiment to get it right.. I am only guessing at a setup here.. who knows, you might need to narrow the Q more.. toward the 5.0 area if too much is cut out of the 100hz +/- area.

What this does is lower the 100 hz the most, and as the frequencies fall away from that point (both higher and lower in frequency) they (the frequencies) are lowered less and less. So were basically inverting the peak and trying to flatten it out...

Gadget
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    BTW the 80/100 hz switch is on the back of the sub on the amp panel... the PHASE switch is in that cluster of switches( I think there were 4?) as well ..I believe the top one?
    G