Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard
Options

The Auto-EQ pink noise doesn't start after Auto-level

ac30boyac30boy Posts: 7
edited June 2009 in PA Configuration Wizard
Admittedly, I'm a DRPA+ newbie (got it around 6/1/2009) and I just started trying to use it today at home. I will be using only custom speakers and amps. I have crown amps for monitors but the band is using something else for mains and the DRPA+ will be on the mains.

In my basement I setup a crown XTi4000 and two full-range Community boxes for a test. I setup the system as stereo without subs and have the outputs coming from the high LR outs. The auto-level feature seemed to work fine - generated pink noise, the prompts behaved as shown in the manual, then when the DRPA+ went into the Auto-EQ mode, no pink noise appeared to be generated. I noticed that the RTA mic was still picking up sound because the DRPA+ inout led's registered any noise I made near the mic. I spun the level to the max (+20db) on the wheel but no pink noise appeared. And, the prompt won't move forward past this point - I guess it waits indefinitely until pink noise is generated. Is there some step I'm missing here?

Regards,
Tom

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    I don't have mine yet but did you try next page? Just a thought.. what prompt did you get?
  • Options
    Hi Gadget,

When the Auto-EQ is in it's 'pink noise' state (though, I'm not hearing any) it won't let you page forward, you can only page back. And, if you page back far enough to exit the Auto-EQ it only leaves you in a state where you can page forward back into the Auto-EQ! The only way to escape is to click the Preset button (at least, that's my experience so far).

Have you used the PA+ unit? I have no experience with the DRPA, only the DRPA+.

Tom
  • Options
    Boy, do I feel dumb. I didn't realize the mute buttons on the outputs were on.

Duh.
  • Options
    That's good... NO I have the DRPA the Plus hasn't arrived yet...
  • Options
    I had my first successful test of the Auto-EQ and even in the low setting it did a remarkable job of taming my Community RS327i's. They have a very potent midrange due to their M200 drivers. When you manually EQ you tend to really scoop the mids in the 400-3k range - the DRPA+ really shined and auto-eq'd in just a few seconds!
  • Options
    They assured me that the Auto EQ was significantly better, and faster! Good to hear you have had the same experience!
    G