Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard
Options

Help Please

Sam in AustinSam in Austin Posts: 4
edited July 2009 in PA Configuration Wizard
I have purchased two DRPA+'s to drive jbl powered speakers and am having a little trouble setting up for monitors.

I want the first DRPA+ to drive two jbl PRX 525's and one jbl PRX 518s. I was able to set up these mains relatively easily by modifying the user one preset with the preset wizard. Any suggestions to improve this setup would be appreciated.

I want the second DRPA+ to drive two jbl PRX 512m's and two jbl EON 510's as stage monitors. Setting up these has been more complicated. There are six outputs on the DRPA+ and is seems that somewhere in the bowels of the DRPA+ there should be a preset that would let me drive these four speakers and two more if i wanted them but i haven't been able to find it. Can anyone help me please?

The main's input is from a Soundcraft GB2-24 mix channels. The monitor inputs are from thye AUX 1-2 channels on the same console.

Many Thanks,

Sam

Many Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Really busy right now, but it is the same scenario and setting up a DRPA+ for mains and monitors. Do a search for that. It has been discussed several times in detail, within the last couple of months.

DRA
  • Options
    Here is the link. There is a link in the thread also, so check it out as well.

DRA
  • Options
    What link?

Sam
  • Options
    DennisDennis Posts: 801
    I was wondering that myself.

Dennis
  • Options
    http://www.dbxpro.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=575

OOOOOPS! :oops: :oops: :oops:

DRA
  • Options
    Many thanks, Mr Dra. My old PA system was stolen, everything and the trailer. My insurance replaced my stolen PA. So, I have a shop full of new PA equipment like i've never seen before. But, It looks like it's going to work out fine. I made a request to dbx for settings using my powered speakers and they had reccomendations that seemed consistent. Other adventures by folks wrestling with their PA systems on the link was helpful and familar.

Sam
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Sam, it's as easy as setting up a 2x4 or 2x6 system and then...instead of making up a crossover setup...you set each of the outputs as a 'bandpass' filter, which just means setting the hipass, (and lo-pass on the outputs that support that....the Mid and LO outs have that but NOT the Hi-outs) Also, you can 'Unlink' the inputs to allow separate control of the inputs, but not all modules offer separate control.

Gadget