Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack PX
Options

levels

micho269micho269 Posts: 30
edited July 2009 in DriveRack PX
After reading the manual and the gain structure of the powered speakers
i have to set the speaker level when i reach the cliping point.so in this case i have to understand that my speakers began to clip at 80 percent
so do ihave to change the level of the speaker on the DRPX panel to match the speaker level
and plesae another question what does the speaker level on the panel of DRPX do ,does it raise the volume or it is sort of limiting gain.
what happens if the level on dbx px and the gain at the back of the speaker dismatch

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Wow DEJAVU...you asked the exact same question on June 30th... here was my response:
    Remember that when the limiter hits you have NO MORE HEADROOM... that is the DO NOT TURN UP ANY MORE light...or you risk damage. PERIOD!

No, as long as you have sufficient level on the DRPA your fine..

The DRPA output gains are just that...they change the gain... and if you ADD the limiters and/or the compressors they will affect the level as well..
    G
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    what happens if the level on dbx px and the gain at the back of the speaker dismatch

There is no such thing...if the signal from the PX is really strong, you will get a louder sound, you can then either turn the speaker gain down or the xover gain on the PX or live with it like it is... whatever works...

G