Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack PX
Options

PX versus 260 for Meyer Control

stackersstackers Posts: 2
edited July 2009 in DriveRack PX
Hi one & all,
I have just found the forum & joined up straight away, looking for some help from the masters in here. all help much appreciated.

I am in the process of deciding on a system management for a meyer pa system, currently all powered boxes 3 x CQ1's & 2 x 650p's a side.
I don't always but sometimes might need to run delays or infills for better coverage. Price is as always an issue, I can get the PX for around AU$700 or the 260 for a round AU$1500. Will the 260 still control powered boxes as well as the PX or do I need to go to something else altogether.

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    edited July 2009
    Either will work GREAT for either powered or passive/amp combo's, or any combination's of both! The 260 certainly has a far superior tool set and sonically is WAY better... If there's any way you can swing the 260 ... you should...you will not be sorry! man they really beat you guys up over there don't they? Here the PX is $300 US and the 260 is $670...
    Gadget
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    The PX will not allow delay fills of any kind. The DRPA+ won't either. The 260, yes, and is worth every penny. Do you know the exchange rate, so we can get feel for what you are paying? I have not priced a PX through the best discounters, but the 260 is right around $700 US (list is $1300).

DRA