Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack PX
Options

PX locks up

CowboydarrylCowboydarryl Posts: 7
edited August 2009 in DriveRack PX
I am wondering if anyone else is having probloms with their Driverack PX locking up?? This is starting to happen more often both at start up and after being in use. By \"lock up\" I mean the display wigs out, none of the functions work, the input and output meters freeze up. I have had it give a error message on the disply about lockup or had every light on it lit all at once. this can be cleared by unpluging\"reboot\" sometimes this needs to be repeted many times. other times it works fine, I am kicking myself i didn't find any warranty form with it :cry: as it is not 1yr old (bought9/9/2008) I do have the original sale slip. The other thing i would worry is if I send it in it wont act up for the techs (had that with cordless mics I sent in for repairs)

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    No warranty card required. Go to DBXpro.com and register there. Better get it checked out quickly.

DRA
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Are you sure you don't have a power issue? Corrupt software? I would see if a hard reset solves the problem... NOTE you WILL loose your presets so be prepared to duplicate them...The Driverack being digital doesn't take kindly to low voltage situations.. If you have a UPS you could verify if a power issue was at fault...

You failed to indicate if the unit still passes sound when it screws up?
    Gadget
  • Options
    Gadget wrote:
    Are you sure you don't have a power issue? Corrupt software? I would see if a hard reset solves the problem... NOTE you WILL loose your presets so be prepared to duplicate them...The Driverack being digital doesn't take kindly to low voltage situations.. If you have a UPS you could verify if a power issue was at fault...

You failed to indicate if the unit still passes sound when it screws up?
    Gadget

Yes it still passes sound, I am also running a computer off the same power conditioner it never has a problom. corrupt software?? got me on that one (it has done this at all venues from bars to halls) I would think that may rule out the power isues
  • Options
    Can you do without the PX for 2-3 weeks? If so, I'd send it in to DBX (get an RA# from tech support) considering that you have 2 weeks left on the warranty.

DRA
  • Options
    Dra wrote:
    Can you do without the PX for 2-3 weeks? If so, I'd send it in to DBX (get an RA# from tech support) considering that you have 2 weeks left on the warranty.

DRA

If I read thr warranty corect the PX has a 2 yr warranty
  • Options
    :oops: oh

Then, like gadget said, write down any changes you've made and do a hard reset.

DRA