Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack PX
Options

Add DRPX for monitors?

LMOLMO Posts: 10
edited August 2009 in DriveRack PX
I've got a simple setup right now: mixer Mono to DR260 L channel to mains (Yorkville NX550P); mixer Aux to DR260 R channel to monitors (RCF ART310-A).

I'd like go from two to four monitors and support more monitor mixes.

One option is to add a couple of DRPX units.

I've seen the comments here about the 260 being better sonically than the PX, although I don't really understand why it is so. OTOH that is probably OK for the monitors.

Another possibility is to add a single 260, which would give me the mono main mix and three monitor mixes. For cost reasons I can't even consider two 260's right now.

Which option is better?

Lynn

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Separate mixes don't do you much good if you HAVE to have a common EQ, which is what you'll have with the PX (but doable, I guess). A DRPA allows separate EQ's, but the 260 IS the way to go. The only problem is no GUI on the 2nd 260. A 4800 would give you 4 mixes, but is likely out of your ($) range. You could get a couple of used DRPA's for $500, give or take.

DRA
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    The 260 is the only PROFESSIONAL way to do it... but with PA you could have dual mono setup and at least having GEQ/PEQ with tied together feedback elimination...all other modules are tied together...I just did it for a friend.. set up stereo, and dual mono, passive tops, no subs in the wizard...
    Gadget