Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion
Options

260 vs PA+

drewvandrewvan Posts: 7
I am looking to buy a Drive Rack system
In yalls opinion which is better for the setup I have. The 260 or the PA+

This is my system setup

2 Yamaha S215V dual 15\"
3 old JBL Monitors (Don’t know the model)
1 Bag End TA1200-RF Monitor
2 QSC RMX 2450 Power Amps
1 Behringer EURORACK UB1222FX-PRO

Would either one of the drive rack system be able to run all of this equipment through it? (Including the Monitors)

Thank you for your time and any advise would help.

DREW

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Yup, HANDS DOWN the DR260! it's really the only way to go in this case where main AND monitors are used on a single processor...complete separate processing of the mains and monitors! WAY cool!
    Gadget
  • Options
    Can you also run a system that has Mains, Monitors and Subs all on the 260?
  • Options
    DennisDennis Posts: 801
    Yes, but just to be clear, Your FOH system (mains, subs) will be mono, not stereo.

Dennis
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    I agree with G & D, but will add that all monitors must be a common mix, but you will have separate output levels and PEQ's for the monitors.

DRA
  • Options
    Thanks for all the info
    What do you mean by common mix?
    Does that mean i will still be able to give everyone in the band the mix that they want in there monitors?

Thanks again
  • Options
    DennisDennis Posts: 801
    Common mix means only one mix for the entire band. If you want your vocal in the monitor, it is in everyone's monitor. What you gain with the DR260 is 3 separate sends with some EQ for that one single mix. So depending how you wire the system, maybe you can EQ your vocal for feedback in your monitor but not the rest of the monitors. Let's say the singer has a Beta 87, the guitar player has a SM58 vocal mic and the bass player has a Beta 58 vocal mic. If you try to tune the entire monitor system with one EQ for these three very different mics, the result is a train wreck. If you can tune each monitor to the specific mic that is directly in front of it, you will have more gain before feedback even with a single mix.

Dennis
  • Options
    recrec Posts: 44
    It seems that the common answer is usually "buy the DR 260"
    With that said where is the DRPA+ recommended?
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    When you can't afford the extra $200 or so. Or if you can't do without the improved auto EQ or auto level functions, but CAN do without the GUI control.

DRA