Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack PX
Options

Hum & EQ Curves

kona-avkona-av Posts: 2
edited September 2009 in DriveRack PX
Hi,

I'm running a PX to QSC K12 and KSub speakers. I have a slight hum... even after turning off all lights, dimmers, motors etc. I have a mixer feeding the PX and when I turn up mixer outputs the hum starts at about 1/2 way through the pot's motion. If I remove the PX from the system, feeding my mixer directly to the QSC speakers there is no hum... even with the outputs all the way up. I do not use compression but do use the limmiter section which is very good but I think I need to lower the output of the PX itself... is this possible?

Also is there any cross reference that relates the already programmed EQ curves (not the flat one) as to what they are intended for? There was a posting that was responded to by a moderator who had a link to FAQ's and stating "don't use 3" and that the explanation of why not to use 3 was in the FAQ but reading the FAQ I didn't find a reference why not to use 3.

Thanks,
Michael

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    ALL and I mean ALL equipment that attaches to the mixer MUST be on the same circuit...If a keyboard is connected to the mixer on a direct out from the amp... the keyboard needs to be on the same power... a power cord running from the amp power to the Driverack, and mixer all on the same circuit...

If that is already a reality...then you may need to lift the shield from the XLR cable on one end. Some equipment have a floating chassis, some a grounded chassis...this can cause problems on our 0-120 volt system... unlike European 220 volt balanced systems ours makes ground loops a problem... follow the principles...

gadget
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Is there an output difference? In other words, when the PX adds the hum, is it louder than without the PX in the loop at the same mixer level?

DRA