Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack PX
Options

Parametric EQ

DjRageDjRage Posts: 16
edited October 2009 in DriveRack PX
I am finding that I just don't have time to do the Auto-EQ in new rooms because of time and how annoying that is to setup when people are already there.

So, I have been trying to set the EQ Manually but I am not really understanding the Type, F1-F3 and G levels. No when I choose for example the LHShelf type..........scanning through each of the Frequency everything is flat. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Everything IS flat until you make an adjustment. The manual will tell you what is included in the different types. "F" stands for filter. So, F1 = FIlter 1, etc. G = gain and is the amount of boost or cut at the selected frequency. Select the combination based on need. Ideally the PEQs are set based on the testing you did outdoors (best) to get your speakers flat using the Auto EQ then "transfer / translate" the data to the PEQs. Then the PEQs are left alone and you can use the GEQ to deal with the room (start from flat each time).

DRA
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    It would seem my friend, that you have skipped over the "READ ME FIRST BEFORE POSTING" section...where we deal with all things Driverack. It can be found here...
    viewtopic.php?f=61&t=959
    in the form of a setup and tuning starting point, and here:
    viewforum.php?f=60
    where we go into more detail about the finer points...thee you can find the info that Dra just gave you as well as a laundry list of topics and tips and tricks...and even a description of terms and things.
    Well worth the time...as there is a huge inventory of knowledge there you can learn from...

Gadget
  • Options
    DRA said above that the best way to set up the Driverack PX is to do so "outside"...like, in my driveway?
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Here's your best bet... follow the steps here, and use your PX in place of the Driveracks mentioned, they all do the same things, just that some models do more...

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=959

The you might have more questions:

viewforum.php?f=60

These FAQ's deal with the Driverack more in depth, and YES the PX can do xovers! It can do powered and unpowered speakers alike.

After that if you still have questions...were here.
    Gadget