Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads READ ME FIRST BEFORE POSTING FAQs
Options

Speaker tunings, finding and downloading.dwp files

GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
edited September 2009 in FAQs
For this exercise were going to be finding and downloading speaker tunings for JBL SRX725 bi-amp and SRX728 subs. First find the JBL pro website and the downloads/tunings section:
http://www.jblpro.com/catalog/general/t ... D=18&Run=1
There, in the list locate the SRX700 tunings, this will lead you to "Opening SRX700 tunings.zip" the default should be fine (Windows explorer) and "OK" to open with...
From the list select "SRX 700 dbx Driverack 260"
Double click on your speaker setup... be it bi-amp/tri-amp tops, or tops/subs but remember, fullrange speakers will not have, nor do they need tunings so they won't be offered, this is for bi-amp on up speakers...

There isn't a lot of intuitive info in the file names and you may just have to load the file and check out what it does to determine which you need...sorry not much help here folks...

In this instance the SRX725BSUB.dwp file is the one you want. Right click "copy" and "paste it somewhere you can find it later.. I usually create a file on the desktop and put it there.
Next with the 260 hooked up to the computer and running the GUI with the 260 in communication, Right click the top blue bar of the GUI and a dropdown menu will appear and select...
1. From the drop down menu select "Import Program"
2. Now you should have the "Look in" dropdown click the down arrow next to the address bar and and from that dropdown menu select "desktop"
3. Find the JBL SRX tunings folder on the desktop and open it and left click on the "SRX725-728 triamp.dwp" click "open"
4. The file is now in the 260... click the "Store" button on the Driverack
a. From the "Store program" dropdown menu use the "Program Table Position" to select a location to store the new program. I generally use a location that is easy to find, and one that doesn't already have a preset I will need in the future...

Your ready to fly...There is no real substitute for flattening the response of the speakers at this point and if your lucky enough to have and know how to use an FFT based measurement system do so now, otherwise follow these steps:
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=949
Some further clarification can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=953
and here:
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1058

Remember that one of the MOST IMPORTANT things is to do a GAIN STRUCTURE see this for more clarification if you don't know what that is:
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=959

If you've read and done all that you should be ready to rock !
Gadget