Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Connectivity
Options

DRPA & amp configuration

recrec Posts: 44
edited October 2009 in PA Connectivity
I have a new DRPA I am going to configure it for 2x3 mono subs
My question is do I run my sub amp in paralle mode
with one cable going from the DRPA low output to the input on the amp and then
one cable going to my subs?

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    What amp and what subs? Do you mean bridged?

An unadvertized trick. When you select mono subs, both low outputs are summed, not just the one indicated. This allows you to run a line to each side of the amp if that is what you wish, instead of jumping the amp internally, or if you need to run lines to opposite sides of the stage.

DRA
  • Options
    no not bridged
    QSC 1850HD to a pair of BFM t30 subs (4012HO eminance drvs)
    8 ohms each
    I just want to run one from each side of the amp
  • Options
    DennisDennis Posts: 801
    The RMX1850HD puts out 350W per side into 8 Ohms. Should be excellent for home stereo. Your speakers are rated at 600W, 1200W music program. If you are using this for live music, you might want to think about bridging...RMX1850 bridged into 4 Ohms is 1800W.

Dennis
  • Options
    I guess bridging would be my best bet since thats the only amp I have
    So I would only have 1 cable going from the DRPA to the amp
    I also need to make or buy a neutrik bridge adapter
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    :?: :?: :?:
    What do you need a bridge adapter for? The 1850 has all you need built right in...On the switches make sure you you go 1,2,9,and 10 off (left) and all the rest on (right).
    Gadget
  • Options
    I think he is talking about the NL4 to NL2 adaptor to use with his speaker cables.

DRA
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    No adapter is necessary...NL2 has 1+ and 1- and NL4 has 1+, 1- and 2+, 2-...
  • Options
    Sorry G. I'm right on this one. (third time 8) )

IF... using standard NL2 speaker cables.
    IF... using the ch 1 speakon output (NL4 w/ 1+, 1-, 2+, 2-) AND piggy-backing the subs.
    ...Then he HAS to make a NL4(M) to NL2(F) (or NL4) adaptor using 1+ & 2+ to use his existing cables.

Personally I'd use the Speakon AND banana , or make a double speakon splitter, to even the power going to each sub with separate cables.

DRA