Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack PX
Options

DriveRack Px, Mackie SRm 450 v2 and Unpowered Mackie s410S

flavaflava Posts: 7
edited June 2010 in DriveRack PX
Hello,

I am new to the driverack. I purchased a PX and would like to configure it with two mackie srm 450 v2 for the top end and 2 mackie s410s unpowered subs. Anyone done this configuration as yet. If so please let me know the settings you have employed under the custom setting for the sub.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Ok got everything up and and running the sound is like day and night however i would like to get a deeper bass on the mackie s410s after doing the auto wizard setup for my top ends which are mackie srm 450's if i go and make a change to the subharmonic settings will that affect teh bass (s410s) or will it also affect the 450's. I have teh bass set to custom.
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    I have teh bass set to custom.

Huh? Did you do the Auto EQ indoors? If so if you look at the product EQ curve (the 28 band GEQ) you will probably notice that the under 170 hz frequecies have some cut severely... usually the lowest ones.... that is room modes, and it stems from standing waves. You should actually -0- the frequencies below 170 hz and adjust those by ear.

I personally do not like the sub synth and it will tax your amps, but you should be able to get good results with the PEQ's and the GEQ.
    G
  • Options
    Gadget. I did the setup outside not indoors so i did not use teh Auto EQ Wizard. I will go with your recommendation to not use the Subharmonic Synth because indeed i saw that it made the amp work a little harder. I will work on the graphic eq however what would be a recommed hz setiing to get a nice deep bass for s410s with your amplifier being the QSC 4050?
  • Options
    Set the HPF @ 45hz BW18 Set the LPF to 90hz LR24 the the SRM450's @ 90hz LR24, set the amp to bridged mono. You don't have the measurement mic?
    G
  • Options
    Yeah I have it but I read your post an it is remommended not to use teh measurement mic when setting the system outside. I am Still looking for a nice indoor 25 foot area to do it in but for now i am using my back verandah LOL
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    I think you misunderstood. The measuremnet mic is MOST effective outdoors for setting the speakers flatten.

DRA
  • Options
    LOl ok My bad. Will Read again. So you are saying that i can still use the mic when setting up the system outside?
  • Options
    Yes it's preferred outdoors as long as there is no reflective surfaces, and that's what makes it the best place to do it.
  • Options
    cool will do some work on the system this weekend and keep you guys posted.
  • Options
    flava wrote:
    cool will do some work on the system this weekend and keep you guys posted.

hi flava. were you able to configure your PX with your system?

i need to configure my PX with 4 mackie sa1521z's and 2 s218s subs, powered by a single qsc rmx2450.
    Gadget wrote:
    Set the HPF @ 45hz BW18 Set the LPF to 90hz LR24 the the SRM450's @ 90hz LR24, set the amp to bridged mono. You don't have the measurement mic?
    G
    gadget: would you recommend the same for me? thanks!
  • Options
    i need to configure my PX with 4 mackie sa1521z's and 2 s218s subs, powered by a single qsc rmx2450.

Hi, Not sure just what subs the s218 is?... but if your trying to drive 4, 18" speakers with an RMX2450, you only have 750 watts per speaker. You might want to raise the HPF to 50 hz BW18...but yes, for the most part those would work fine for your setup.,
    Gadget
  • Options
    i'm planning to mono bridge the RMX2450 for 2400 watts to parallel drive the two s218s (http://www.mackie.com/products/s218s) on the left channel. that's all i have right now.

actually, i have six sa1521z's, and i thought of setting up two pairs as FOH and the third pair as "back of the house" so to speak. can the PX help further without contributing to echo problems and other reflection concerns? btw, the size of the venue is 168x54x14

thanks so much for replying!