Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard

QSC RMX 850

agroovesoundmanagroovesoundman Posts: 2
edited October 2009 in PA Configuration Wizard
I have JBL SRX4732's that I would like to bi-amp. I just picked up a used Driverack PA and started poking around with it. I selected the JBL's and for the mids I have a Crown CE4000 and for the high's I have a QSC RMX850. The 850 was in the manual as being one of the supported amplifiers but when I go through the wizard it only allows me to select from a small list of only crown amps. Is there a way to select the 850?

Comments

• GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Perhaps you would have been able to come close to answering your own question had you checked the READ ME FIRST BEFORE POSTING section...

This thread:
    viewforum.php?f=60

deals with the setup of the system, and the overall amp attenuator settings...

These threads:
    viewforum.php?f=64

deal with all things driverack and beyond...
    the long and short of it is... if you use the gain structure method to set your amps sensitivity controls...the Driveracks "preset" value becomes a moot point....

Think about it... what value does the amp sensitivity have if the amps are all the same wattage? In other words if you are using one side of a MAC3600 for the highs, and the other for the lows (for redundancy purposes... if one amp fails and you have multiple... of the same amp....) you know that SOMEHOW you need to attenuate the high amp output... setting the amp attenuator to the preset value will have the horn RIPPING YOUR HEAD OFF!!! :shock: unless you cut the xover gain for the highs in the Driverack....either way were talking apples and oranges here...

USE THE GAIN STRUCTURE TO SET THE AMP SENSITIVITY!!!!

sorry for yelling...
    Gadget :wink: