Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion
Options

OT: EAW LA325 vs. EAW JFL 210 Line Array

John SJohn S Posts: 29
I have a unique opportunity to possibly "upgrade" my pa. I'm currently running 1 EAW LA 325 and 1 JBL SRX 728s per side. I have the opportunity to switch out the la325s for 2 JFL210 line arrays per side. I don't have ANY experience with line arrays, but from what I understand this might be considered an "upgrade". I do venues from several hundred but I would like to grow to larger outdoor venues. Thoughts????

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    That is a good question for PSW.

Dennis, worked with these?

DRA
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Those are supposed to be REALLY nice. We had a guy on here a while back and he loved them! They feature the Gunness focusing, and are very high output. I couldn't find the thread but I know he thought they were a HUGE step forward.
    G
  • Options
    DennisDennis Posts: 801
    I'm not familiar with the JFL210 but I'm sure it would sound quite respectable like most EAW product. With 2 10" woofers and a 1.4" horn, they might be less than overwhelming for a large outdoor gig. Like the JBL VRX932, they appear not to have adjustable angles per box and the maximum you can fly is 6. Probably better for indoor or small outdoor events. With only 2 per side, you will NOT see any of the directional focusing of the low end associated with a line array.

Dennis