Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads READ ME FIRST BEFORE POSTING FAQs
Options

No Direct outs on your el-cheapo mixer? want some?

GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
edited November 2009 in FAQs
If your mixer has insert points, simply take a 1/4' balanced jack...(TRS) and connect the tip and ring together... the other end can be a 1/4" mono jack or another TRS. This routes the signal directly back into the console AND sends it out for processing...so, if you have a ballanced 14" cable of sufficient length simply connect the tip and ring together on one end...you don't even have to make sure which end is "normalled" either end will produce the same results...

I use this for EFX I don't have dedicated sends for, that I have a dedicated processor for.. like the snare... I send the signal out to my verb unit set up for that nice splashy snare sound for ballads...I then route the output of the verb device back to the channel strips to an available channel... this would work for sending out a signal to comps... limiters etc.. like sending out a signal to a vocal processor/comp chain and route it back to an available channel... this way you could have a dry and wet channel available on the mixer for lead vox...
:wink:
G