Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Connectivity
Options

DriverackPA+ for Monitors

DeeDeeDeeDee Posts: 3
edited November 2009 in PA Connectivity
I am setting up a DRPA+ for two stage monitors, (EV Sx200 passive) and powering them with a QSC RMX1450 that is set "bridged mono". Needless to say, there is only one mix.

I am planning to select the EV Sx300 speaker setting from the wizard because as far as I can tell, the specs are the same as the Sx200. I'll connect my mixing console to the left input of the DRPA+ and go to the amp from the left high output. Am I doing this correctly?

Thanks,

DeeDee

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Is this a dual mono system? as in monitors on one channel and mains on another? The selection of the speaker type in the wizard is unimportant till you start doing bi-amp setups.... simply select "custom" and set the HPF filter at the 3db down point of the fullrange speaker...

Gadget
  • Options
    No, only the monitors are on this amp. The mains are on a different amp with a different DRPA+.

I am very new to setting sound and appreciate your advice and tips on how to do this...from scratch.

DeeDee
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    I am planning to select the EV Sx300 speaker setting from the wizard because as far as I can tell, the specs are the same as the Sx200. I'll connect my mixing console to the left input of the DRPA+ and go to the amp from the left high output. Am I doing this correctly?

Yes, but there's no need to use the SX200 preset, just set the system up in the wizard and set a 2x2 (since that is the least that is allowed) and since it's monitors I would suggest a LPF of 60hz BW18 ... that is what I use and it works well...

Gadget