Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Connectivity

Drive rack pa+ with peavey setup

djock12djock12 Posts: 47
edited December 2009 in PA Connectivity
Question, I am currently running two peavey sp2's and one sp218 sub with a peavey cs4080 amp. I wanted to run the sp2's on one channel and the sp218 on the other channel. Since this is a mono configuration, would i just hook up one channel of the drive rack highs to go into channel A of the amp and the low mono into channel B? Also, would a 2x3 drive rack config work in this case as long as the crossover points are set correctly? Also, do any special crossover frequencies need to be set in this scenario? This would be a temporary setup until I can afford another amp that will power the sp2's.

Comments

• GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    would i just hook up one channel of the drive rack highs to go into channel A of the amp and the low mono into channel B?
    Yes in a 2x3 config the driverack will route signals to the hi outs and the left lo out...
    would a 2x3 drive rack config work in this case as long as the crossover points are set correctly? Also, do any special crossover frequencies need to be set in this scenario?

yes, and yes... you need to set a HPF for the sub and an LPF/HPF for the sub/sp2 xover point. The Wizard will give you a starting point... but not always a good one... like 180 hz LPF/HPF... not good!100hz would be more reasonable...

Gadget
  • Thanks for the reply gadget. Also since I have never run my system in a mono-mode, is their a big difference to the human ear in a mono vs stereo scenario such as mine?
    Yes and no... I only run my efx in stereo since the crowd is usually evenly spread across the room and so you can't dead pan a guitar to one side or the other because then the other side of the room would be missing that guitar...right? So yes it's typical to run mono but many bands carry stereo keys, or dual guitar cabs and they run stereo...in your case you would just sum the two on different channels...and the channel strip will do that for you. Just remember to do a system setup and gain structure as laid out here:

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=959

G
  • thanks gadget. I am running a DJ setup, no band sound just yet.
    I do run stereo for DJ and KJ...
    G
  • Another question, I am not able to set my eq parameters in a 2x3 mono config with everything running on one amp. Is this by design? Can a mono signal be equalized?
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    That does not make sense.
    Have you pressed the next page button?

DRA
  • when I press the next page button, i don't get the option to set the frequencies, keep in mind that in this one amp config, I am only using one side of the outputs. Can I use an xLr y-adapter to achieve the stereo effect?
    You need to toggle through the different EQ configurations Peq1 HML, Peq2 HL, PEQ3 HL, GEQ...using the EQ button to move from 1 EQ to the other. Once in the Eq you want to work with THEN use the <Prev Next> page buttons to navigate through the different EQ options...
    G
  • You need to toggle through the different EQ configurations Peq1 HML, Peq2 HL, PEQ3 HL, GEQ...using the EQ button to move from 1 EQ to the other. Once in the Eq you want to work with THEN use the <Prev Next> page buttons to navigate through the different EQ options...
    G

Thanks gadget that did work. Do you recommend equalizing the sp218 or should it just run "flat"