Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion
Options

Which Driverack for DJ JBL Setup?

RRJRRJ Posts: 17
I have 2 JBL PRX515 and 1 PRX718. Those are curently conneted to a Pioneer DJM800. I play your standard club/dance music for the most part. Locations are small clubs and outdoor party's ranging from 75-200 people

From reading through the forum, it seems like the DRPX would be ideal since I definitively want to change the crossover point from the standard 120Hz off the PRX718 to somewhere between 80-100Hz. Also, I want to try and "flatten" out my system as much as possible using "outdoor auto EQ" method. Then after, tailor eq at venue by ear as needed. If I am there before people arrive, maybe even put the mic in a couple of places and try to average out readings.

I don't foresee needing more inputs since I don't plan on doing a more complex setup than 2X3 or 2X4. Also, in this type of configuration, my guess there is not much need for tweaking delay. I might add another sub down the road. Also, might start doing events using mic, but DRPX has the AFS feature so it seems to cover that.

Am I correct in the above assumptions or missing anything? Would there be any reason to go DRPA+ or even DR260 (besides GUI) for my type of setup?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Nope, seems you have most everything covered. The thing about the DRPA+ is that there is a far superior auto eq that takes only seconds to complete, and the results are FAR more consistent...and as you have discerned the 260 is far superior to them both...
    G
  • Options
    RRJRRJ Posts: 17
    Thanks for responding so quickly Gadget. I forgot about the faster/more consistent auto EQ. Is this the new method/algorithm available on the DR260 as well?
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Not yet but I hinted to the guys @ dbx that it would make a great stocking stuffer... :mrgreen: