Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack PX
Options

Driverack PX with Bose L1 Model 2 and Mackie HD1531

edstremeedstreme Posts: 3
edited January 2010 in DriveRack PX
1st post. 3 yrs.DJ with lot's of toys. Bose L1Model2 with 2 B1 bass, T1 Tonematch mixer and a proud owner of a pair of the new Mackie HD1531 3 way speakers. I just bought a Driverack PX hoping for easy set up on EQ's, Compression and getting rid of the Feedback. I always encounter feedbacks on my DJ/VJ gigs when I have a special number with a Keyboard and 1 vocalist on a shure wireless. I don't have a powered sub yet(too many choices) till Namm is over but the low end on my 3 way mains and 2 Bose B1 Subs pretty much cover the low end needed for now. Anyway, I have an Allen and Heath 16 channel Mixwizard3, RANE TTM57sl dj/vj mixer and BBE 882i Maximizer. I just need a quick pointers on my hook up and hopefully utilizing every gears I have.I don't see my speakers on the list in the manual and will I have a problem placing my Bose L1 model 2 in between my Mains? Where do I series the Maximizer in my set up? I almost forgot, I also have a DBX 266xl as a limiter. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

ed

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Where do we start...

So your a DJ playing heavily compressed music and you want to add MORE compression? Not a good idea...compression can ADD to feedback problems...

Your having problems with feedback with which system? Both together?

Are you using the l1 as monitors ro something? because I have a band that has the sticks and when I do their larger gigs the guitar player has used his stick... and while it worked ok...the multiple paths and arrival times of this setup made quieter operation very difficult...

I would highly recommend loosing the BBE sonic scrambler...the Driverack makes it obsolete.

you don't need presets, you need system setup and gain structure found here:
    viewtopic.php?f=61&t=959

you'll also find lots of info on auto EQ and using the driverack in the FAQ section...
    viewforum.php?f=60

Lots more info needed if you want help...you need to be specific here...

Gadget
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply. Anyway, I played around and I think I got it sounding excellent with my A&H Mixwizard3 main out to my DBX 266xl to the BBE 882i maximizer out to the Mackie HD1531's L/R mains. i used the JBL PRX515 presets and custom set the bass or the low end. I use my 266xl to control the noise and compression as needed. I use the BBE for a quick High's and Low manual adjustment and A&H's eq's sounded awesome. I use 2 mono channels on the A&H coming from my Dj mixer Rane ttm57sl main. Since my Bose L1 have it's own T1 mixer, I just use it as my monitor and Fill in middle speaker in from Rane booth out. The only problem is the Vocal mics from A&H pick up feedbacks when the Bose is too loud.