Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard
Options

newbie needs some help (DRPA, MACKIE, TAPCO and JBL)

dmenacedmenace Posts: 18
edited February 2010 in PA Configuration Wizard
Hello folks
This is my first post here, and i hope i could get some help with setting up the crossover.

My setup is

Ecler (Dj mixer)
Driverack PA
Mackie FRS-1300
Mackie FRS-1700
Mackie FRS-1700

2X JBL JRX 215
Frequency Range (-10dB): 35Hz - 16kHz
Frequency Response: (3dB): 45Hz - 12kHz
Sensitivity (1W/1m): 100dB SPL
Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms

4X Tapco 6918s Subwoofers.
Frequency Response (-10dB): 37Hz - 220kHz
Impedance: 8 Ohm
Power Handling (continuous): 450W
Power Handling (program): 900W
Sensitivity (1W/1m): 98dB SPL

Cheers
Dennis

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    :lol::lol::lol::lol: 2X JBL JRX 215
    Frequency Range (-10dB): 35Hz - 16kHz :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Now that's some funny stuff there... man.. the gall of those guys...

Anyway the best way to help you is to steer you to some reading first...
    Start Here:
    viewtopic.php?f=61&t=959

then you'll need to check out the FAQ section:
    viewforum.php?f=60
    Browse the topics and you'll find a PLETHORA of info and tips and tricks...

For your system I'd suggest these points...
    2x4
    HPF 45hz BW18, LPF 100hz LR24
    HPF 100hz LR24
    1300 tops stereo HI outs
    1700's Bridged mono 2 cabs per amp LOW outs
    your under powered...
    then follow the START HERE post...
    35 hz :lol::lol::lol: too funny...
    Gadget
  • Options
    Thanx a lot for your help, seems have have a lot of reading waiting :)
    So if get it right, i should have the subs working between 45 and 100 hz and the tops from 100 hz and up?!

Another question that came to my mind is if i can hook up another rack of amps by using the mid outputs configured to deliver full range to the input of a second driverack? Might not be ideal but is it possible?

Im quite sure i will have some more questions so please bare with me :oops:

Cheers
    Dennis
  • Options
    DennisDennis Posts: 801
    Instead of going through one DR to a second DR, "Y" from the mixer to the inputs of the 2 DRs. It will create less latency that way.

Dennis
  • Options
    What would the reason for the second Driverack be?
    Yes your sending the tops 100hz and up..
    G
  • Options
    My idea was to run another totally different setup (other amps and speakers) at the same time from the same music source, and that would probably need different settings from what i have now. Thats where the other driverack came in :)

btw, im not sure im going there, just checking the possibilities in case it should happened. :oops:

Im using my soundsystem to throw some smaller techno parties, mostly outdoors so another thing that came to my mind when i thought about connecting the second rig was the delay as i wanted to place one stack of speakers in each corner of the dancefloor. (not sure but i think its called quadrophonic sound.)

Is there a good way to make it work with the delays using the driverack?

Dennis
  • Options
    Nope... under 10 feet of delay on any given output.. The 260 could do that, but I wouldn't suggest it.. If you want to try something get a Crown XTI amp for the second set of speakers and run them as delay speakers. If you do them as you say...Quadraphonic style...you'll have a huge sonic mess where the speaker patterns intersect... as delay speakers they would extend the coverage for large rooms and not have you trying to unscramble a huge mess...you could use the mid outs on the DRPA to send the info to the delay speakers and use the Xti's delays to line things up...

G
  • Options
    ok thanx :)

Another question now as im struggling with the gain stuff..
    My dj mixer in connected to the driverack and the switch on the back is set to +4.

On my mixer i can set the output sensitivity but im not sure what to choose.
    I had it set to 0dBV until now, but don't know if thats what i should have :)

(OUT1: 0dBV(+3, +6 dBV soft configurable) / 600Ω)

Cheers
  • Options
    With the DRPA in action with the +4 setting where are the input levels on the DRPA when the mixer is JUST clipping? If @ the -0- setting on your mixer, if they are below -0- dB then try the +3 position if they are anywhere from -0- > +10 your good to go... Just don't let the signal get near clipping on the DRPA...
    G
  • Options
    When the sensitivity is set to 0 on the mixer and the fader is up playing pink noize and the master out is fully open the input dbu on the driverack peaks on 5 dbu, the channel vu on the mixer is on 0 but hits up to 2, sometimes 4 db.

The outputs on the Low channel shows -30, sometimes jumps up to 0, and the high shows 0, sometimes up to 5.

When i choose the +3 on the mixer the driverack input dbu shows +5 and peaks on 10.

btw, just for curiosity I tried to make the driverack clip but i couldnt, even if i choose +6 and gained the mixer to the full and the mixer started to warn for overload.

the mixer is an Ecler EVO5 ,

http://www.eclerdjdivision.com/download ... l%20EN.pdf

The driverack wont even hit 15 dBu when the mixer is about to clip
    So i guess im ready to go with the 0?
  • Options
    Then the +3 or +6 position is where I"d go... the mixer doesn't give a max level only a threshold but since even when the mixer is clipping you only get +15 out of the driverack ANY of the three would be acceptable... but the +3 +6 would be closer gain structure wise... to the driverack.
    g