Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion
Options

yorkville ls 1208

swingerswinger Posts: 17
hey iam looking for some help here can any one point me in the right direction or give me some settings to use on those boxes im using the yorkvilles with eaw 850z tops and a 260 for processing they are powered with a crown ma5002vz 2 per side im looking at x over settings peqs the full works thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    You're going to need to be a bit more specific here. MY info is that the KF850 is a 3 way passive speaker, and that the "Z" designation is an upgrade to a bi-amp two way speaker, with upgraded components as well. This document indicates the suggested xover points:
    http://www.eaw.com/info/EAW/Loudspeaker ... S_rev1.pdf
    @ just under 200 hz and about 1150hz. (DSP estimated)

Here is the only processor settings I found for the KF850:
    http://www.eaw.com/info/EAW/Processor_S ... S_rev2.pdf

Here is what they say about adding a sub:
    NOTE: To use systems with sub, high pass LF @ 100 Hz (24 dB Butterworth) & do not use PEQ 1.

The 850 T and J series both use 257hz and 1560hz as xover points, but again those are without the upgraded components and pretty useless.

Perhaps you would get more help form the PSW forum. Lots more traffic and since it's a pro level box they would be more likely to have someone that HAS those.
    Gadget
  • Options
    Ah I didn't see that was a 4 page document..Thanks Dennis...You ever seen these things?
    G
  • Options
    DennisDennis Posts: 801
    Gadget wrote:
    Ah I didn't see that was a 4 page document..Thanks Dennis...You ever seen these things?
    G
    KF850's in general or specifically KF850z? In the early 90's before line arrays hit the market, the KF850 was the box that made touring sound companies' phones ring. Of course there were other boxes, but the 850's were very popular. I guess the 850z is the current model but you don't see much of them anymore.

Dennis
  • Options
    250 lbs :shock:
  • Options
    DennisDennis Posts: 801
    Gadget wrote:
    250 lbs :shock:
    Yeah, it's a bugger to stack them on subs.
  • Options
    rolrol Posts: 22
    It would be great if somebody can help with setting frequencies for my bass speakers. I have 8 scoops with Evx 18b inside. I use 2 Qsc PLX 3402 to move them and have drive rack 260.
  • Options
    rol...

Please start a new thread (instead of hijacking a thread that is over a years old) ...

Please give all info, all speakers, amps mixer and state purpose, and venues/outdoor...

Thanks
    Gadget