Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard
Options

Just needing help on what to do.

Lonewolf EntLonewolf Ent Posts: 3
edited February 2010 in PA Configuration Wizard
I am wanting to get the DBX driverack PA. Currently I am using a Behringer Mixer at one show and a Peavey RsQ Mixer at the other. I am using 2 Peavey P2 and @ 2 Peavey P5 and a Peavey floor monitor. The Amps are 2 Peavey 1800's and a Peavey EQ. I also have a Yamaha Compressor for my wireless mics. I am wanting to upgrade. Suggestions are appreciated just don't know where to start

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Greetings,
    I think you need to give us more information about what you want.. If it's confirmation that the DRPA+ will make a difference, or work with those pieces then yes definately! If your wondering what settings to use then perhaps we should recommend you read the START HERE thread, and the pertinent FAQ's found here:
    viewtopic.php?f=61&t=959
    viewforum.php?f=60
    To get the maximum benefit you will need to get a measurement mic, and it's well worth the extra expense. But give us more info as to what your looking for.
    Gadget
  • Options
    Yes, well my speakers, amps work with the drive rack. I noticed they are not listed in the compatability charts. I was wanting to make sure before the investment was made. Second part I have read over the quick start seems to be easy, will soon see.
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    I noticed they are not listed in the compatability charts.
    :lol::lol: sorry...
    That is NOT a compatibility chart! That is simply a starting point for those speakers/amps. A basic setup we help with here EVERY day. SO simple in fact that we can have you up and running in less than 30 minutes once you have mastered the interface... (set the unit on the kitchen table and play with EVERY knob till you can navigate the units modules)

Yes it's compatible, and if your wondering, you can run mono and have the tops and floor monitors on the one driverack!
    Gadget
    May I point out the READ ME FIRST section at the top of the opening page. There you will find the "Start here" thread:
    viewtopic.php?f=61&t=959
    and the FAQ section:
    viewforum.php?f=60
    For some good reading...
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    It sounds like you want the DRPA to replace all the units you listed.
    I also have a Yamaha Compressor for my wireless mics.
    The Driverack will not replace that. If you truly need compression on your mic you will still need to insert that on your mics. You want to avoid Compression on the whole system. Use limiting instead, but again, not for your mic issues.
    Other than that, you want and need a Driverack. I would suggest the DR260, if your budget allows ($700). It is far superior to the DRPA+, but the DRPA+ does have a fantastic Auto-EQ (says Gadget). Superior to the DR260.

DRA