Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Connectivity

dbx PX with QSC K12's and KSubs setup

jjams123jjams123 Posts: 2
edited March 2010 in PA Connectivity
Hello, dbx PX with 2 QSC K12's and 2 QSC KSubs.
1) Will there be a future preset(s) software update for this speaker combo in the PX?
2) Is it better to program the PX for main outs only and just hook up the Ksub directly out of the K12 and let the QSC crossover do it's thing? Or stick with using the dbx PX Main outs and Sub outs.
3) Is there a recommended cross over (starting) point for the K12's and Ksubs speakers.
4) Do you recommend using a stereo compressor on the main outs or just use the dbx PX?
Thanks for the help, I'm new to live sound and to setting up the QSC K Series while using the dbx PX. I been using an EQ/compressor on the main outs. I've heard great things about the driveracks and am trying to incorporate one into my system QSC K Series and a Mackie Onyx 1640 mixer,
I love music and mixing sound for bands, it's awesome!!!! Just trying to give the audience the best sound possible within my budget!
Thanks for any advice in advanced, Johnny K

Comments

• GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Greetings.
    1) Will there be a future preset(s) software update for this speaker combo in the PX?
    Probably not
    2) Is it better to program the PX for main outs only and just hook up the Ksub directly out of the K12 and let the QSC crossover do it's thing? Or stick with using the dbx PX Main outs and Sub outs.
    I'd suggest using the PX for everything, set the switches on your speakers to normal/flat response
    3) Is there a recommended cross over (starting) point for the K12's and Ksubs speakers.
    I'd suggest starting @ 100hz L24 for both HPF and LPF form sub to tops, and a 45hz BW18 HPF for the sub.
    4) Do you recommend using a stereo compressor on the main outs or just use the dbx PX?
    I don't like compressing the whole mix. I'd suggest instead using the limiters, but first read the "Read me first before posting" thread and get the system set up properly ..gain structure..
    viewtopic.php?f=61&t=959
    and check out at least the Auto Eq threads here:
    viewforum.php?f=60
    where you'll find lots of help tips and optimization techniques.
    Welcome!
    Gadget