Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Connectivity
Options

mono style setup

ericosuaveericosuave Posts: 5
edited April 2010 in PA Connectivity
is this setup correct? or even possible? The outputs on the driverack PA+ are low left/mono out, and high left out.

setup.jpg

PS... i know the picture of the driverack is not the driverack PA+

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    You are sending to signals into the DRPA, but on one will be passed (except for the summed lows). But otherwise, fine.

DRA
  • Options
    anyone else wanna confirm this or have any other ideas?
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Yes that will work just fine... actually if you set up a 2x4 and only use the left or right ins and out everything will be just fine... just don't set up a dual mono setup or it will want you to go through the auto eq sequence twice..

It will probably be best though to run the left ins and outs for the auto level sequence, it will also probably be a problem with the auto balance setup, but I didn't use it with mine. It's kind of a newbie feature anyway and you seem a bit more knowledgeable.. right?
    Gadget
  • Options
    DennisDennis Posts: 801
    It's a damn handsome diagram.

Dennis
  • Options
    1+

What did you use for it's creation... if I might ask...
  • Options
    lol... thanks for the kudos on the diagram.. I actually just used photoshop to create the diagram. Wish there were an easier program out there to draw diagrams like this. Im sure there is, but I don't know the name of it.

Thanks for the help guys. Btw, where exactly is the best RTA placement in the room for the auto EQ feature? 10-15 feet in mid center on a mic stand about 5 feet off the ground?
  • Options
    DennisDennis Posts: 801
    ericosuave wrote:
    Btw, where exactly is the best RTA placement in the room for the auto EQ feature?
    Should read: "Btw, where exactly is the best measurement microphone placement in the room for the auto EQ feature?"

Dennis
  • Options
    Dennis wrote:
    ericosuave wrote:
    Btw, where exactly is the best RTA placement in the room for the auto EQ feature?
    Should read: "Btw, where exactly is the best measurement microphone placement in the room for the auto EQ feature?"

Dennis

ahh.. thanks! So where is the best measurement microphone placement in the room for the auto EQ feature?
  • Options
    There in lies the problem said the spider to the fly...

absolutely no way you can place a mic on a stand in a room with L/R speakers much less those AND subs...WAY too many arrival times to be of any use...

Try one stack only, (turn the other off or unplug it)on axis (strait out from the speakers centerline) 20-25' out with the mic lying on something like a towel (ever see the "Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy"?) to stop any reflections off the floor.

but if you haven't read the FAQ section posts on the auto eq process and it's quirks and pitfalls then I guess you probably should...in case you missed the "READ ME FIRST BEFORE POSTING" section on the front page here is the link...

viewforum.php?f=60

another potentially illuminating post is the "start here thread" where we stress the importance of gain structure.

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=959

were always here for questions...
    G