Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard
Options

Custom settings for JBL Array speakers, Alto amp & ARX subs

probins01probins01 Posts: 4
edited April 2010 in PA Configuration Wizard
Hi there, I'm from a small Church & we're running 2 per side JBL Array 4890 series top/mid boxes (flown), and 2 ARX Power Max subs (dual 15"), set up as stereo 3 way.
Amps are: High = Crown XLS 602; Mid = Alto Macro 1400; Subs = Peavey PV 2600.
Is anyone able to suggest custom settings for the speakers and Alto amp please?

Comments

• Options
    Sorry, I should add we've just purchased a Drive Rack PA+, so it doesn't have the speaker profiles as default.
  • Options
    DennisDennis Posts: 801
    These tunings from the JBL website are for a different processor but should still be helpful.

http://www.jblpro.com/catalog/support/g ... &doctype=3
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Yes I was just there as well.. Dennis did you fully understand the page? looks like there are a number of models?
    http://www.jblpro.com/catalog/support/g ... &doctype=3
    so which exact model is important and then understanding what JBL is saying

Looks like the 4890/91 has 4 peq's for the mid highs
    it shows no subs but an HPF low limit of 35.8 hz and a LPF of 1k LR24
    with a corresponding 1k LR24 to out for the horn driver...

To add a sub to this try 45hz BW18 HPF and 100hz LR24 LPF...set a corresponding 100hz LR24 HPF for the 4890's

for further clarification and perhaps different xover points perhaps Dennis will make a recommendation as well.
    Gadget
  • Options
    DennisDennis Posts: 801
    Just remember that all of the 4890 information is displayed in a column (top to bottom under the heading 4890/91), not left to right. Ignore the limit settings...they will be amplifier model specific. There is information on this forum regarding gain structure and limiting. I am not familiar with these speakers so I have no optional tunings to add. Gadget's suggestions for the subs completes your information package.

Dennis
  • Options
    Thank you gentlemen, very much appreciated indeed. :D
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Let us know how it goes please...
    G