Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion
Options

strange chirping sound even when muted

jaybelljaybell Posts: 3
even when all outputs are muted, i get a stranged and intermittent chirp from the speakers. as though a gate is opening and closing. when i pull the input from the amp, chirping stops. When i pull the input from the Driverack, chirp continues. so i know its the driverack 260.
sometimes i also get as whiring sound from the driverack when i run the GUI.
ie start the GUI, whirring starts. close the GUI program and whirring stops.

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Have you tried a hard reset yet? Is the unit out of warranty? If you want to try the hard reset (software rest to factory default) make sure you back up any changes to the user presets as they will be lost.
    Gadget
  • Options
    jaybelljaybell Posts: 3
    I can't find how to do a master reset.
    I saved everything I could find on the driveware GUI.
    How do reset the system?
  • Options
    DennisDennis Posts: 801
    In the event that a reset is required, the DriveRack™ 260 offers you the option of performing a “Soft� or “Hard� reset.
    The Soft Reset resets all operating parameters except user programs. The Hard Reset Procedure will reset all programmable
    information back to the factory defaults.
    All Power-Up Functions require a button(s) to be pressed and held as the unit power is turned on.
    DriveRack 260 Power-Up Button Functions
    Factory (“Hard�) Reset.
    Press and hold the <STORE> button at power-up until the following message appears:
    “! HARD RESET?�
    “Yes <PREV PAGE>�
    “No <PROGRAM>�
    • Pressing the <PREV PAGE> button will start a Factory Reset (All User Programs will become
    copies of the Factory Programs, all Utility settings will be defaulted, and all Security settings
    will be defaulted).
    • Pressing the <PROGRAM> button will abort the Factory Reset sequence and the unit will reset
    normally.
    System (“SOFT�) Reset
    • Press and hold the <UTILITY> button at power-up until the following message appears:
    “! SOFT RESET?�
    “Yes <PREV PAGE>�
    “No <PROGRAM>�
    • Pressing the <PREV PAGE> button will start a System Reset (All Utility settings will be defaulted.)
    • Pressing the <PROGRAM> button will abort the System Reset sequence and the unit will
    reset normally.
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Hey thanks Dennis..How did last week turn out? I got that you were somewhat haggered.. I had a nice score... 8 Anchor Liberty Extreme (like the Mackie SRM350/450) with cases in mint condition..$200 :shock: :shock: :shock: yup, that's no miss print...they list (listed :lol: ) for $1400 each new :mrgreen: I put em on top of some subs...crossed them @ 120 hz with a DRPA+ and MAN do they rock! Outstanding vocal clarity, and musical tone...what a find :!:
    G
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Jaybell,

Laptop?
    Does it have a built-in mic?
    Is it on?
    Check the audio settings and mute the mic, if it is on.

DRA