Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack PX
Options

Someone PLEASE help ME??

GaryJacksonGaryJackson Posts: 5
edited February 2011 in DriveRack PX
Ok,

I have got a Driverack PX but I have a problem that keeps happening when I press the compressor button. What happens is when I press the compressor button and try to activate the feature the 3/4 of the LCD screen corrupts. Sometimes it turnes the letters arround so all the words are backwards.

When I power reset the device it clears the issue. However even trying to go through the setup it corrupts right at the end. I could have bared with it if it was just the compressor.

I have upgraded to the new 1.1ver Rom and have done many hard resets however the issue still occur occurs. (Oh yes and its just out of warranty, only just!) :(

Unfortunately the local DBX supplier her in New Zealand said that they would have to replace the whole board and the would cost the same as a new one.

I will try to attach some pics that I took of the error. I'm not sure what I can do if anything???

Any help would be really good....thanks all.

Comments

• Options
    mikejoeydbxmikejoeydbx Posts: 134
    Hi Gary,

There is now a fix for this and it doesn't involve a board replacement. I suggest contacting your local distributor again and have them check the dbx tech notes, the fix was just barely added there. They should be able to get this fixed for you quite quickly.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

Hope this helps.

Mike
  • Options
    Really?

That's cool, I will try again..

Just out of interest what is the fix if you know? I am curious because they told me they checked the tech notes about a week ago and that the new version rom 1.001 would fix the issue?

Is there another fix?

Thanks for your reply.... :D
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    If it was a software issue it would affect all screens...not just the compressor screen..I contacted Mike on your behalf, perhaps you could have your distributor contact Tech service... looks to be an easy fix.

Gadget
  • Options
    mikejoeydbxmikejoeydbx Posts: 134
    Originally, we thought a firmware update resolved the issue, but later realized a component change may be necessary as well. Not all PX models exhibit this failure as it has to do with the tolerance of the components.

Mike
    :D
  • Options
    Thanks guys,

I have told them to check it out again..hopefully they will have some good news for me.

Ill keep you posted..

Thanks again.

Gaz
  • Options
    MikeyMikey Posts: 82
    Did your driverack come with a mirror? I think there are certain versions of firmware that require a mirror to properly see. Version 6.66 is one of those. I don't remember you spec'ing the version, but that could be the problem. When you run audio through the system, do words come out backwards, too? That issue was also common in that version of firmware.

Really, dude, I'd get an exorcist and dunk the damned thing in holy water. This can't be good.

...you know I'm kidding....right?

Mikey666 ;-)
  • Options
    Yeah tell me about it...lol I could have used a mirror to crack the code on the screen...!

The good news is that the supplier here has looked at the new tech notes and will try the new fix that is available. Hope that it fixes the issue, if not I'll get new insides installed. (the right way around this time I think) :D

Watch this space...........................................
  • Options
    pkortepkorte Posts: 5
    Hi Gary,

Looks like my first PX, exactly same symptoms. I used it one day and got it changed to another. I got fast help from DBX -support, many thanks...
  • Options
    stakkastakka Posts: 5
    Hmmmmm..... my 8 month old PX has just gone down with a corrupted screen, right from switching it on it corrupts and no button pressing will have any effect. It has only had light use i.e. has only been used 8 or so times. Luckily it happened as we were setting up and not mid gig so I was able to take it out the loop before the performance :?

I trust the warranty will cover it and I hope the same level of support is there (I'm in the UK).
  • Options
    Aaargh...

My second PX started to corrupt LCD screens. Empty spots, texts in wrong places and so on...
    The first one I changed as new. This one I have used very slightly 9 months.
    Is there any cure...
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Not if it's under warranty, don't touch it or you could void the warranty. ...call and get an RA# .