Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion
Options

Newbie sayin hi

Rick03038Rick03038 Posts: 4
Hi everyone,
I am Rick from Derry, NH. I run sound and lights for a small bar in Dracut, MA and just found this forum. I have found a wealth of useful info already ( gain structure will be my next vanture ). I have been using DBX compressors and gates (166 & 266) and have just made the leap to the DriveRack PA+. SO far it has been a great unit. Easy to use and set up my system with. I know I will have questions to ask in the future but I have read the "start here" section so I have a basic understanding of the forum and how it works. I look forward to your tutelage (I hope I spelled that one right) and please don't kill me if I ask a stupid question.
Thanks,
Rick

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Welcome.

Don't worry about stupid questions. They're fine. The only question not liked here are lazy ones.

DRA
  • Options
    Thanks DRA,

I have been searching for the answers I need and have found quite a few :D
    I'll try to keep the stupid questions to a minumum and search and read the posts.
    I do know since putting in the PA+ my system sounds a LOT better, tighter and crisper and I have been told louder :mrgreen:
    I have noticed a high end hiss I didn't have before adding the PA+ but I am replacing my snake this weekend with a "real one", One that has the right amount of returns instead of using turnarounds and adapters, lol. I hope that will help and I'll change out some of the XLR's feeding my amps to see if that takes care of the hiss. I read that in one of Gadgets postings.
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    I have noticed a high end hiss I didn't have before adding the PA+ but I am replacing my snake this weekend with a "real one",

I have to say that here were talking about a signal issue here...check that the switch on the back of the DRPA is in the +4 position, and that the cables your using are XLR balanced!
    G
  • Options
    I'll check the switch tonite. I am pretty sure I set it for +4. I know I am using balanced XLR's but I am using turnarounds to get the outputs into the snake until I switch it over to the new one with 8 sends instead of 4