Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack PX
Options

Using PX for two monitor mixes

jimfpratt57jimfpratt57 Posts: 2
edited July 2010 in DriveRack PX
I have two Mackie SRM 450 that we use as monitors. We have no FOH because this is a TV station and the main mix is the On Air mix. However when we have musical groups outside, the Mackies can be problematic with feedback. At this point I have no EQ in the monitor mix and am trying to decide between using the DRPX for AFS or perhaps getting the AFS 224 or just getting a couple of Graphical EQ's and try to ring the system manually. I did have access to a new PX and attempted to quickly set it up for our monitor mix outside, but the EQ was really bad (almost Bogen PA sounding) .. And it didnt appear to really work with the feedback issues. Granted that our outside setup has a hard wall about 25 feet behind us which probably was not the best for the RTM mic.

Anyway is it a good idea using the PX for my two powered monitors, seems like the box is primarily intended for FOH installs.

Thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    seems like the box is primarily intended for FOH installs.
    Oh H, E, double hockey sticks (can't use "swear" words here) ... anyway the PX is awesome on monitors.. the auto EQ will have your monitors screaming when you get them set up properly.. you need to go to the "READ ME FIRST" before posting section and the "FAQ's" in order to learn how to accomplish this...
    then let us know if your still having problems.
    Gadget