Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion
Options

custom preset help

System amps,ep2500 for tops/crown xs700 bridged for subs.speakers 2 peavey sp4s.[2000WATTS PEAK EACH] BEHRINGER 1800 PRO [1600WATTS PEAK] Carvin 16 channal mixer. Using driverack px preset custom sterio and mono sub.NO m2 mic. QUESTION whats BEST X-OVER SETTINGS?

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    How many amps.. how many subs.. I assume from your post it's 2 tops and one amp?
    Gadget
  • Options
    Thanks in advance!!!!Two amps .The ep2500 for tops and crown xs700 bridged for 2 subs .I daisy chained the subs speakers.I did basic setup on the driverack px sterio mains with mono subs custom and gain structure 50 tops 50 subs not too sure about it though.I read a thread for crossover points. 45hz bw 18 lpf lr24 90hz and hpf 90hz lr24. Not sure about this either.I have not tried this with any power.Need some help searching for a good thread on starting point with the three out sub settings in setup x-xover . I am waiting to turn this system on. Again Thank you..
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Those numbers would work but I'd raise the xover point on the suns to 100 hz LR24 and raise the HPF of the subs to 50 hz BW18. Those really aren't subs but low mids as they are 10 dB down @ 45 hz, which means probably 3dB down @ 55-60hz...

You are feeding the subs about 850 watts of power, and that's 1/2 what they suggest for headroom...the tops are similarly underpowered so be sure to do a good gain structure...
    viewtopic.php?f=61&t=959

Note that there is a plethora of info in the FAQ section as well.
    viewforum.php?f=60
    G