Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion
Options

DBX 260 issue

ccarminaticcarminati Posts: 6
My DBX 260 turns on, I am able to connect to the PC and control settings, but the unit doesn't pass any signal and also the screen is all white (not related to brightness settings).

The screen will come back if I leave the unit off for several minutes, but after a couple of minutes audio signal if cut off and screen goes all white.

Thanks.
CC.

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Is it still under warranty?

DRA
  • Options
    No it is not. The unit received AC coming from a defective amp on out 6; Axicom Im 06, C25 L30 L31 C27 L31 all show signs that they are burned. The Driverack worked fine on 3 gigs after the AC incident, but yesterday it didn't start and its been the same since...

Could one or all these parts be the cause of the problem? I can easily find the Axicom online for $2, but I cant tell what the other parts are.

Thanks.
    CC.
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Check your connections to the LCD, pull the ribbon cable and clean it (use an eraser or I use Caigs) and re-seat it. The fact it worled for a few shows is an indication to me that it wasn't damaged in the blowup...I had an amp go super nova and it didn't affect the Driverack.
    Gadget
  • Options
    Well, my unit has very clear burn marks on circuits near out 6; it also doesnt pass any signal, but I will try resetting the ribbon cables.

Many thanks.
    CC.
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Hmmm wonder why it worked at all then?
    :?