Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard
Options

Should I use JBL PRX512M in Wizard to setup my PRX612M's

millstapmillstap Posts: 4
edited July 2010 in PA Configuration Wizard
I have JBL 612M speakers but would like to go the simple route of setup. Will the older setups work for new speakers like the 512M for 612M speakers. I also have new QSC KW153's. Can I use the HPR 153i in the Wizard and get good results?

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Actually if you aren't using bi-amp settings then all that you get is a basic pass filter.. check the 3dB down point of the speakers and set the HPF at or around that point and set a BW18 there.

If your using subs then you need to do a bit more (you didn't specify that though) but it isn't rocket science.
    Gadget
  • Options
    Gadget wrote:
    Actually if you aren't using bi-amp settings then all that you get is a basic pass filter.. check the 3dB down point of the speakers and set the HPF at or around that point and set a BW18 there.

If your using subs then you need to do a bit more (you didn't specify that though) but it isn't rocket science.
    Gadget

Thanks. I'm just trying to get my feet wet before I actually have the gear. I should get it next week. I will eventually have one or two QSC KW181 subs so I will have questions then. The subs are hard to get right now. I'm glad it's not rocket science. I bought the Driverack to hopefully simplify and not complicate the process of getting a good sound for a live band.
  • Options
    Gadget wrote:

Gadget[/quote

I have a dumb question. What is a BW18?
  • Options
    DennisDennis Posts: 801
    For each High-pass or Low-pass filter you select in the DR, there are a number of available styles and slopes. BW18 is a Butterworth filter with an 18dB slope. Go to the crossover section of your DR and move your cursor to the filter type. You should then be able to scroll through many options.

Dennis