Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard
Options

Tunings in the amps or driverack?

baw659baw659 Posts: 37
edited August 2010 in PA Configuration Wizard
I have become comfortable with setting the tunings for our speakers in either the driverack pa+ or our crown amps. My question; is there an advantage to having the tunings in one or the other and which is best? Setup is Presonus mixer, DRPA+, 2 Crown XTi 6000 on the Peavey 118 subs, 2 Crown XTi 4000 on the mids of 2 Jbl SRX 725 and a Peavey CS2000 on the highs of the 725's.

Gadget helped me with the initial setup and since I can set either the amps or DRPA+ with the tunings I wonder if one is better than the other?

Thanks, Brian

Comments

• Options
    DennisDennis Posts: 801
    One reason to go with the processing in the Crowns is because you can set up a network with the amps and your laptop and do all of your programming on your laptop screen instead of using the tiny display on the PA+. I haven't looked into it much but I think Gadget said there was more available delay with the Crowns that with the PA+.

Dennis
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    To add to what Dennis said.. More PEQ's better limiters...but no GEQ and NO Auto Eq...So if you need an FOH GEQ the DRPA+ can provide that and the Auto EQ to help tame the systems response.(unless your a proficient SMAART user that is :mrgreen: )

I have set up other systems using the DRPA+ that have the Crown XTis that are running stand alone now...If I had both I'd still leave the driverack in, but use it for it's PEQ's, delays and limiters...
    G
  • Options
    Sounds good. Thanks once again! :lol:
  • Options
    Ok so I put the tunings in the Crowns. The highs on the biamped SRX725's are run by a Peavey CS2000 so I put the tunings for it in the PA+ I have the PA+ setup as 2X6 stereo. How should I set the tunings for the mids and the subs in the PA+ so it doesn't screw up or add to the tunings in the Crowns? :?

Peavey CS2000 for the highs
    2- Crown XTi4000 bridged for the mids
    2- Crown XTi6000 bridged for the subs
    2- JBL SRX725 biamped
    2- Peavey sp118 subs
    Driverack PA+
    Presonus 16.4.2
  • Options
    Simply drag the HPF and LPF for those bands to fullrange operation.
  • Options
    DennisDennis Posts: 801
    Gadget wrote:
    Simply drag the HPF and LPF for those bands to fullrange operation.
    Along with setting other features to "unity", "0", or "Off" in the unused pass-bands.

Dennis
  • Options
    That's what I thought, but better to look like a fool than to remove all doubt.

Thanks, Brian
  • Options
    The dumbest questions are the ones that remain unasked and end up costing you money...
    :mrgreen: