Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion
Options

Need some help with Auto Eq

drewvandrewvan Posts: 7
I have been trying to use the Auto Eq but it never finishes.
I read that you can change the Auto Eq from High, Medium, or Low but i can't figure out how to do this.
If anyone can please explain this I would greatly appreciate it

Thanks for your time
Andrew

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    There are 2 things cause that can cause that message...
    1. More than 4 bands fully cut or boosted...
    now this can be either a speaker that is not capable of fullrange sound ..like a speaker that is 3dB down @ 80hz, or not very good quality..OR
    the place you chose for your mic is causing cancellations that are exacerbating the problems the speaker has (try putting the mic on the floor aimed at the speaker) ( see the FAQ sections on Auto EQ)
    viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2346
    viewtopic.php?f=60&t=949
    viewtopic.php?f=60&t=953
    viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1617

You can press the [program] button (use as a home button] then [EQ] button till, the GEQ apears.. and view the bands to see what was cut otr boosted...

The second thing that can cause this message:
    2. You have chosen dual mono and the auto eq wants to eq the other channel...
    gadget
  • Options
    Thanks for the info
    I have used the auto eq in the past and it has worked, But lately in some of the venues it has not been finishing. What i am trying to change is the Auto Eq Precision setting from High to either Medium or Low.
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    The higher the precision.. the LONGER the process takes and the MORE likely you are to have a NOT finished message...

Try pressing the encoder when on the bottom line of the display.
    G