Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion
Options

What am I doing wrong?

MrcoolMrcool Posts: 2
I just bought a new DR+ read through everything and are now trying to set it up.
Using the (Driverack pa+ quick start guide, two way set up) that came with the unit, I've had no problems programing in my gear (steps 1-17) However after loading in all the speaker info and amp info and level, I press the data wheel and "Loading appears in the display...Fine, but everytime I turn the unit off, all DR+ settings go back to the factory presets (JBL JRX 115) Is this normal? do I have to reload all the info EVERY TIME I turn the DR+ on?

Now I go on to the Auto level Wizard (Step 18) On step 19, it says "Make sure your amp level matches the level on the display" I do that, 19B says press the next pg button...I do that!
According to the quick start guide the display should go to step 20A, which says "Make sure your Low amp level matches the level shown on the display".......I CAN'T do that because the unit skips step 20 competely and go's right to step 21 (Auto-level Pink noise)??????? WHY? If I follow thru with the next steps I get no subs at all.

I've trying the Hard reset but, same results? What am I doing wrong????

Thanks Kevin

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Your first mistake is assuming you know the material you have read...
    I just bought a new DR+ read through everything
    :lol::lol::lol:

I bet you haven't...read through everything that is...for instance, this...that is in BOLD PRINT on the front page of this forum...
    "READ ME FIRST BEFORE POSTING" section
    viewforum.php?f=61
    and then there is a voluminous FAQ section that deals with all aspects of the driverack...and has many of the answers you seek...
    viewforum.php?f=60

Like:
    viewtopic.php?f=60&p=3682#p3682
    viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1204

If you had read the start here thread you would have known that we need ALL your system info so were not ASSUMING things when we give you answers...
    I press the data wheel and "Loading appears in the display...Fine, but everytime I turn the unit off, all DR+ settings go back to the factory presets (JBL JRX 115) Is this normal? do I have to reload all the info EVERY TIME I turn the DR+ on?

Yes....as long as you do it that way...What you missed is that each time you change a parameter on a preset the red [STORE] light will light indicating that if you turn it off before storing the info... you will be back to the original preset.

The [store] process requires you to press the store button 3 times... for each one of these presses there will be a corresponding question to answer...
    Name the preset
    Location you want the preset to be stored
    Are you SURE you want to overwrite the preset in that storage location

This helps insure that you don't write over something you want to save, make sure you can identify it when you save it.
    .I CAN'T do that because the unit skips step 20 competely and go's right to step 21

Again we have to ASSUME since you haven't given much info at all.. but a 2 way setup is NOT a tops and subs setup that is a 2x3 or 2x4 (fullrange tops and sub, or bi-amp tops) What you have told the DRPA is that there is a stereo fullrange tops setup...so why would it go to step 20... there are no subs to set up...

Gadget
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Perhaps it is that you seem to know absolutely NOTHING about audio, you have no reason to be here other than that your "signature" line is clearly a violation of the rules here.. you are trying to SELL something... and we aren't buying! I believe the links may actually be malware and I don't want to find out....

If, you are a REAL dbx user, then stop throwing useless rhetoric into your posts and actually ask a question that makes SENSE! You MUST change your signature line and get rid of the links if you want to post here...But I suspect that isn't your reason for being here..

Your subject line MUST NOT BE A URL...

Gadget