Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack PX
Options

PX crossover for PRX515/18 & aux fed subs

diveconrickdiveconrick Posts: 4
edited March 2011 in DriveRack PX
I've had the driverack in my FOH rig for 2 years now and continue to love the ease and sound. What I'm still frustrated with is that I don't have a second one, so I can run my subs on an aux...

Has anyone tried, or researched, setting up the driverack in stereo with subs, then just use the main outs on the driverack for the tops and feed the subs directly using the built-in low-pass. Are the cross-over points the same on the driverack and the PRX518?

PA? Driverack Px, 2x JBL PRX515, 2x JBL PRX518

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    No you can't do it...you could kind of with the DRPA/DRPA+/260 but only in dual mono.
    Are the cross-over points the same on the driverack and the PRX518?

Crossover point? you must be talking the through port for the lopass filter? Easy enough to find out (dbx uses OEM specs whenever provided) simply check the sub LPF on the PX... should be 120hz, 24dB/oct slope...

Gadget
  • Options
    Randy LRandy L Posts: 10
    Gadget,
    I'm a DJ, and that's the way I have my system set up. The mixer's outputs to the input of the PX. The PX configured for QSC K10's and custom Sub (Stereo) for the lows. On the back of the PX, the "Main Outs" are fed to my K10's, and "Sub Outs" are connected to the amplifier inputs for my passive subs. After some tweaking of the crossover point and filter slopes, the sound is amazing.