Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

Split Mix For Monitors

RichardBlytheRichardBlythe Posts: 15
edited December 2010 in PA General Discussion
This question may be elementary but I can't find any answers. Can a single DriveRack PA+ be used to eq a main mix and a monitor mix? I've just ordered one off ebay and I'm needing to get all my cables ordered.

I have:
Mackie 1604VLZ mixer
Lexicon reverb proccessor
Mackie 30 band Quad eq (replacing with dbx)
2-Mackie powered speakers
Peavey HotSpot monitors

If there's a resource that already explains this, I never found it. Trust me, I've tried to do my own leg work. :)

Thanks,
Richard

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Yup....
    Right under the "READ ME FIRST BEFORE POSTING"... :mrgreen: on the front page of the forum is the FAQ section...
    viewforum.php?f=60

There you will find this:
    viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2228 :wink:
    Gadget
  • Options
    Double ouch!! My original research was done with numerous google searches but I never found anything related to viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2228.

It would help for the links to have more meaningful names. "viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2228" is very helpful anyway.

Thanks for the prompt reply!
    Richard

(Crawling away with tail tucked) :)
  • Options
    No Problem.. I just get a kick out of the fact it5 says "READ ME FIRST" and no one does :mrgreen:

In the FAQ's you will find them all labeled as succinctly as could.. I can't get this POS software site to sort though!

If your going to Auto Eq we have some neat new tricks that help a lot!
    G
  • Options
    Auto eq is one of the main reasons for getting the DriveRack. I'll check it out.

By the way, what's with that disgusting animated profile image? Looks like you've been writing too many rock songs.
  • Options
    A perennial favorite...I've tried to change it but every time we take a poll... it invariably wins the day...

We have come up with a new method for getting a good flat frequency response.. It was proposed by Dennis who uses it with SMAART. the below image should explain the the process...

IMG_6280.jpg
    G
  • Options
    DennisDennis Posts: 801
    Gadget wrote:
    A perennial favorite...I've tried to change it but every time we take a poll... it invariably wins the day...
    No change the avatar!!

Dennis
  • Options
    :shock:
  • Options
    So... one like yours?
  • Options
    DennisDennis Posts: 801
    Misunderstanding....I didn't mean "No, change the avatar"...I meant "Don't change the avatar" but the broken English didn't come off.