Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

DriveRack PA+ and Crown XTi4000's

morningstarsoundmorningstarsound Posts: 2
edited December 2010 in PA General Discussion
I want to use the PA+ to set up this system instead of the DSP on the amps themselves or even the Band Manager program from Harman. The speaker cabs are (2) JBL SRX715's mains (one per side) and (2) JBL SRX718S subs (one per side). I'm want to run Bridged Mono giving me 3200 Watts or 1600 watts per speaker. My problem is the PA+ doesn't allow me to set the mains as Bridged Mono does it? Am i missing something? I can set the subs ok and I really don't want to run the tops in stereo as they will only get 650 watts each with a Continuous rating of 800 watts. Is there already a pre-loaded program for this? It may be called something else and I missed it. Any thoughts or comments? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Hi,
    Your thinking way too hard here :D There may or may not be a way to select bridged (My PA+ is an hour away) but all you need to do is select the speakers and amps (they are in the menu). What the bridging does is add 3dB of gain to the amps because it reverses the polarity of the signal from channel 1 output and dumps it into the input of the second channel..so...load your preset, do a gain structure, which will be setting the amp input sensitivity anyway. If your wondering about that process it is here:
    viewtopic.php?f=61&t=959

gadget