Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion

humming sound

djnukkidjnukki Posts: 5
i have driverack 260. it has a humming sound from all outputs. but the humming sound is gradual. ch 6 is the loudest from ch 1. anyone can help me solve this? even if i dont put input connections. still the humming sound is there. thanks

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Has it recently been in cold storage and moved to a warm location? If so, shine a par lamp or other light on the top of the chassis. With your hand on the case the light needs to be a little uncomfortable.
    Still under warranty?
    Tried the ground lift switch?
    Where are the input mixers set?, and filter gains set on each channel?
    AGC engaged?
    Compressors engaged?

DRA
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Could be a ground loop to the amps/speakers also.. make sure the amps/driverack are on the same circuit...but ya answer the questions
  • thanks to all your replies...i already decided to bring it to the service center but unfortunately the center is still waiting for the parts to be used to replace the damage. it's almost a year now it's like they can't repair it. i hope main dbx can do something for their international distributor. im from the philippines.thank you..