Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Connectivity
Options

Newbie here, questions about DRPA with QSC & Yorkvilles

HectorHector Posts: 2
edited January 2011 in PA Connectivity
Hello Everyone,

Awesome forum, congrats!

I read the most I could before asking, but I still don't understand completely which would be the best way to set up my DRPA, here it’s most of my system until now

dbx DRPA for FOH only (working on get the 260 for FOH)
Yorkville TX8 (4) copies
Dual 18� boxes (2)
QSC PLX 3402 (2) for mids
QSC RMX 2450 (2) for lows
QSC RMX 850 (1) for highs

Plus other amps been used for monitors, that I can change for FOH
QSC RMX 2450 (1)
QSC PLX 3002 (1)
QSC PLX 2402 (1)
QSC PLX 2402 (1)
Got 8 monitors

A couple of questions,
Which would be the best set up for the DRPA?
How do I calculate how much power need for the speaker so I can get the best sound quality with enough power?
Thanks for the support; any other suggestions are more than welcome :wink:

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    First of all, Yorkville SUX in the information department! I know I have Elite 2204's and getting any kind of information from them is like pulling teeth! There is no manual available online, the TX processor manual was no help and neither was the sales spiel...

What we do know... the 8" is prone to being fried with too much power... looks like it can be bi-amped or tri-amped...but 100 watts is the max fir the 8 inch... even the B&C can handle more than that ??? :?

If you have a wiring diagram of the inside of the TX8 please provide it. Does the manual (if you have it) say ANYTHING about suggested xover points? Have you tried to contact them for xover points?

Looks like your going bi-amp? It's kind of hard to tell...according to your list you are putting 185/200 watts to the mids/hi's ...2450 to the subs and 100 watts to the mids? (pretty under power on all the lows/subs...

It probably would have been easier to picture if you'd have said HI/Mid, Low, Sub...But you have 4 ohm Lows and subs

Are you running all 8 monitors at once? what type music? do you have 8 sends for the monitors or are you running them in pairs?

So some answers are needed...
    Gadget
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    TX8 "copies"?

DRA
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Really :lol::lol::lol:
    Dra you kill me :mrgreen:

Ya, 4 copies of the one they found that actually met spec... with drivers that couldn't match the one they spec on a bet... but I digress.

BEHAVE!
    :wink: